May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happily picked up my Leaf on Sunday from Premier Nissan in San Jose. It was a pretty painless experience and John C, the Internet salesperson was very helpful.

For those waiting, my dashboard bounced back three straight days (4/29 - May 6; 4/40 - May 8, 5/2 - May 10) and then sat there for 5 days. On May 6th, it moved to May 9th and that evening, John called and said my car was in and was being prep'd for delivery.

Cinnabar said:
For those waiting, my dashboard bounced back three straight days (4/29 - May 6; 4/40 - May 8, 5/2 - May 10) and then sat there for 5 days. On May 6th, it moved to May 9th and that evening, John called and said my car was in and was being prep'd for delivery.
Mine bounced around for a week or two. Now is has been steady at 4/19 for a full month :roll:
Any day now I suppose.

Yes, I believe that is the same page I brought with me. I actually didn't have an agreed-upon lease rate. I discussed buy vs. lease with Leon when I ordered, and he said to leave it as "buy" and we could always change to lease when the car arrived.

Fortunately I was forewarned by reading other posts about other dealers using higher money factor rates, so I decided to take that list with me - good thing!

ElectricVehicle said:
scharlj said:
rhover said:
but I had a listing of various MF tiers and had circled the Tier 0: 0.00204 rate which I printed out from a forum post.
Can you point me to the post that contains that information. I wanna get ready for when mine finally gets here in hopefully 2 weeks.
Thanks
Ahhh.... this looks close to the root thread / post: Nissan has released Lease info on Leaf

Found it by searching for
699 0.00204
And then looking through the results.

(Edit: corrected quote source to rhover from davewill per davewill's post.)

rhover said:
Yes, I believe that is the same page I brought with me. I actually didn't have an agreed-upon lease rate. I discussed buy vs. lease with Leon when I ordered, and he said to leave it as "buy" and we could always change to lease when the car arrived.

Fortunately I was forewarned by reading other posts about other dealers using higher money factor rates, so I decided to take that list with me - good thing!
Thanks for the heads up! I also ordered through Mossy, and hadn't been worried about this issue because Leon had been so forthcoming here in the forum on this subject. Now that I know they'll play games just like everyone else, I've printed out the relevant thread and added it to my "buy the Leaf" folder that I plan to take with me when I finally get the call. My quote included the lease payment, and when run through the spreadsheet lined up pretty closely with the 0.00204 money factor...but I'll watch the numbers like a hawk.

Well, I am no longer a waiter. I picked up our Leaf which had all of 5 miles on it this afternoon at Boardwalk Nissan, and so far I am very impressed. The ride home down the 101 was so slow, I ended up gaining about 8 miles in distance and grew 2 and a half trees on the dashboard!

leafdelivery.jpg
/img]

I think we are going to like this car!

OrientExpress said:
Well, I am no longer a waiter. I picked up our Leaf which had all of 5 miles on it this afternoon at Boardwalk Nissan, and so far I am very impressed. The ride home down the 101 was so slow, I ended up gaining about 8 miles in distance and grew 2 and a half trees on the dashboard!

leafdelivery.jpg
/img]

I think we are going to like this car!

Grats!

I picked up my car today! I was at my dealer for about 2 hours and 40 minutes. Then was the hour long and fun drive home! :)

Oh, and we have the same color, looks like you've got good taste ;)

Well, I've been bitching. Was already to start complaining about the last change to my pending date as "week of 5/10", except Ron Coury of North Bay Nissan called me tonight.

Apparently I was downright entertaining to my wife and best friend as I starting making incoherent gesticulating motions to communicate my borderline hysteria -- after all the craziness, double guessing, and first hand access to information and WAITING I was actually making plans to pick the car up.

Ron noted that he liked to be absolutely sure a car is ready -- as opposed to calling when it first rolls off the truck he prefers to wait until it checked out, cleaned and fully charged. Eliminates that risk of an "oops" -- though he did acknowledge that the "tennis match" of the dates on the DB was already in that category.

[Actually, I would have compared it to pee-wee league baseball where the 6 year old boy accidentally kick the ball away from them as they run up to pick it up, sending it further and further afield... but I digress...]

So some quick scheduling changes have been made, and we pick it up tomorrow in Petaluma. I keep knocking on wood because I keep expecting an e-mail from Nissan saying it was all a cruel joke. :p

Looks like I'll be jumping threads... Hope to see y'all there soon! :D

~Y~

I was also going out of my mind with the tantalizingly close arrival that seemed just a few days away..until last night, got the call! I picked it up today from the crew at Mossy and all I can say is....wow, what a great vehicle. Yup, my dashboard still shows May 16th.. it looks like things are moving, saw a few LEAFs hanging around and apparently deliveries are pretty much daily. Good luck all...I'm jumping threads and see you on the road.

I got a call today from 'Nissan Customer Service'. The nice lady on the line told me that she had important news about my car, that it was now slated for delivery for the 'Week of May 16th' but definitely before the end of the month. The reason why it's been down in Long Beach for so long was because of the dreaded pollen infestation that had to be removed by a hand-washing process that was very time consuming.

I took the call in the middle of a training session at work so I didn't press her on anything she told me. I doubt any of the info she gave me was accurate, but it's interesting that Nissan is calling owners to give 'updates'.

HIOJim said:
I got a call today from 'Nissan Customer Service'. The nice lady on the line told me that she had important news about my car, that it was now slated for delivery for the 'Week of May 16th' but definitely before the end of the month. The reason why it's been down in Long Beach for so long was because of the dreaded pollen infestation that had to be removed by a hand-washing process that was very time consuming.

I took the call in the middle of a training session at work so I didn't press her on anything she told me. I doubt any of the info she gave me was accurate, but it's interesting that Nissan is calling owners to give 'updates'.

Ditto. Funny enough the week prior I was told by CS that the pollen did not affect my shipment (lefft before the tsunami). Oh well, if it happens nest week that's cool with me.

HIOJim said:

I'm new to this forum but one thing seems to remain pretty consistent. Everyone complains about not getting updates/information, but when they do they complain about that. Interesting.

Amped4LEAF said:
I'm new to this forum but one thing seems to remain pretty consistent. Everyone complains about not getting updates/information, but when they do they complain about that. Interesting.
For the record, I am not complaining. I am only saying that getting updates that are inaccurate and full of BS is not very helpful. I think that is what people here are not happy about.

I don't need the gory made up details. Just tell me about how many are in front of me and about how many are getting processed each day.
Maybe the computer could do that and give a decent date automatically? I am still at week of 4/19.... how is that computed exactly?

I could not imagine telling one of my customers information like this.

Ð
HIOJim said:
Amped4LEAF said:
For the record, I am not complaining. I am only saying that getting updates that are inaccurate and full of BS is not very helpful. I think that is what people here are not happy about.

I completely understand where you are coming from. What makes you say the update you received about the pollen "BS"?

Amped4LEAF said:
I completely understand where you are coming from. What makes you say the update you received about the pollen "BS"?
I saw cars at my PD that arrived from Long Beach. They're filthy. They have to be cleaned and prepped by the dealer. I'm not an expert, but I have to think that any pollen would also be removed in this process. It just sounds like a total fabricated, stupid excuse.

Amped4LEAF said:
Probably because the stories keep changing depending on what day it is and who is making it up. I haven't bothered to call CS since I figure it would be a complete waste of time. It's hard to believe the number of stories people have been told. How about just giving an accurate date on the dashboard, rather than one that is 3 weeks old? Probably would save a lot of calls. I am getting disgusted with the way Nissan is (not) handling this.

HIOJim said:
Amped4LEAF said:
I saw cars at my PD that arrived from Long Beach. They're filthy. They have to be cleaned and prepped by the dealer. I'm not an expert, but I have to think that any pollen would also be removed in this process. It just sounds like a total fabricated, stupid excuse.

Yeah I'm not a dirt expert (although I was a kid at one time. Haha) but it seems at least feasible that the pollen issue is legit based on what others have posted about their conversations with CS. I could see pollen sitting in a warm, moist environment like a shipping container for several weeks being much more difficult to remove effectively than simple dirt or mud splashing onto the cars during transport.

Just my 2 cents.

Agreed.

One day it is waiting for accessories, the next several they tell me it is released and just waiting to be loaded for rail transport, and now the last couple of days they are again telling me it is waiting for accessories. No mention of the pollen.

I would just like a straight answer. And there is no penalty for saying, "I don't know." Just, please, don't make stuff up.

HIOJim said:
Don't they ship with a bunch of that shrink wrap plastic on them?

Is that getting removed and reapplied in LB :roll:

Back