May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On hold since Apr. 19th. If it is the two accessories holding it up because they have to wait for parts, I'm going to cancel those so I can get the car.

Canceling accessories is harder than you might guess... quite the hassle, and probably too late once the car is in port.

Many of the deliveries this week around my area have been for 5/6 and 5/12 Week Of DB dates.

Not mine, of course (5/12). Because I'm special.

GroundLoop said:
Canceling accessories is harder than you might guess... quite the hassle, and probably too late once the car is in port.
Many of the deliveries this week around my area have been for 5/6 and 5/12 Week Of DB dates.

That doesn't make any sense. If there is a long hold on cars just because they can't get the accessory parts, then just let them go for crying out loud as long as the person that is getting it agrees. Those can always be put on later.

I don't think it's accessories guys. Maybe there are few cases where they're short on certain parts. This morning Nissan CS told me the same thing, "on hold for accessories." I ordered no accessories. He then told me I ordered floor and cargo mats. I said no I didn't. 5 minutes later he came back and said I was right and that he had never seen a car that was ordered without mats. So it is definitely a canned response. Our best bet is a dealer contacting an area rep. Nissan CS has no useful info for the hold up. Plain and simple.

nader said:
I don't think it's accessories guys. Maybe there are few cases where they're short on certain parts. This morning Nissan CS told me the same thing, "on hold for accessories." I ordered no accessories. He then told me I ordered floor and cargo mats. I said no I didn't. 5 minutes later he came back and said I was right and that he had never seen a car that was ordered without mats. So it is definitely a canned response. Our best bet is a dealer contacting an area rep. Nissan CS has no useful info for the hold up. Plain and simple.

Excuse me, my mind just boggled.... CARGO MATS?

Let's see, zero impact to the functionality of the car, and the most dead simple thing to install. Hmmm, so do we give the vehicle to the rabid early adopter who can make or break the launch of this product, or do we hold it until we get the mats so they don't hurt themselves putting them in after we MAIL the bloody things to them?

What a dumb script. I'm glad I didn't run into it first. I *did* order the mats, but you would had me walking up the supervisory ladder if some poor minimum wage soul tried to sell me THAT one -- "Really?? Look, this is above your pay grade..."
~Y~

boyodublin said:
Tried to cancel accessories, but they wouldn't allow!

Yup, me too. I almost feel sorry for the CS reps - they're very nice but they're in an impossible situation, trying to satisfy justifiably frustrated customers with no information (and, even worse, downright misleading information). My converstaion with them yesterday:

Me: I'm just checking on the status of my LEAF since you guys told me it was invoiced to the dealer but my PD has no information (sidenote: my PD is Mossy, where Leon is doing a GREAT job with his customers and LEAFS are now pouring off the trucks)
CS: The car is currently on hold for accessories
Me: ???!?!?!
CS: I apologize, the information you were given previously was incorrect
Me: ??!!??!
CS: I apologize. Your vehicle is on hold for the Eco Design Package.
Me: Can I cancel the Eco Package?
CS: No, I apologize.
Me: Is there anyone else I can speak to about this?
CS: No, I am unable to elevate this. I apologize. Is there any other information I can give you?
Me: Apparently not.

My car's been on hold since 4/19. Yesterday I called and asked why it hadn't shipped yet and Jasmin told me, for the very first time, that my car was scheduled for shipment next week. I asked what day, she said she didn't know. Somehow I feel this is a lie they are starting to put forward to "appease" us, because of our repeated attempts at information. The truth is CS doesn't have any info past the AC fix, and before shipping. NO ONE, knows why cars are on hold at the port. At least NO ONE at CS knows, that I am fairly certain. I am not sure we will ever know why our cars waited at the port for an extra three-four weeks between the time they were ready and the time they shipped. This is by far the most frustrating thing.

Got mine yesterday.
Reserved: 04/21/10
Ordered: 11/26/10
ETA:April,May,Pending,05/02,05/06,05/12,05/05
Delivered:05/04
VIN#2186

GroundLoop said:

I tried to cancel my eco-design pkg last month, but CS said I could not do so; and my car isn't even built yet--with a "tentative" June delivery. :roll:

Well this morning I am very furious! So I had a good session with Jasmin at CS yesterday when she told me my car was scheduled for shipment next week (although this may have been a lie to appease me, which it did). It looked like all was good for me to get the car 5/20, which is my current DB ETA. It had been that for at least a week, after lots of movement after 4/20, which is weird considering my car has been "released" since 4/19. And today I wake up to find out my ETA moved again to 5/26!!! WTF!!!! So 6 weeks from "released" to ETA? Makes no sense, and I cannot find anyone at Nissan (CS, PD, NNA) that can explain to me what makes it take so long.

There is something definately going on behind the scenes of current Leaf deliveries. I too have seen my delivery date moving slowly but steadily towards June. After having a delivery date of April 28th for a number of weeks and getting a 7 day delivery e-mail on April 21st, my delivery date has gone to May 10th, May 16th, May 20th and now May 26th. There most certainly must be a valid explanation for this, however I am clueless as to what it might be. Any ideas?

Port Townsend, WA
Ordered January 26th

I just received this "Welcome" email from Nissan. It doesn't mention any date, nor anything about 7 days, but I'm hoping that this indicates an upcoming delivery. FYI, my dashboard still shows May 12, so there hasn't actually been any change. I'd been Month of April, May 2, May 6, then May 12 back on April 29.

Hoping...

Here's the email content:

Bruce, congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal. By establishing your account before the delivery of your vehicle, you'll be able to take advantage of checking your battery status, setting your climate control - even managing your notifications and downloading mobile apps - all remotely. As for actually driving your Nissan LEAF - that's best enjoyed in person.

Visit the Nissan Owners' Portal

=============================================================================

Nissan Marketing
Mail Stop P3C
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, TN 37068-5003

I am currently on the phone with Nissan CS.....planning to "raise hell". I am sure I won't find anything new, but this time the tone of my voice will be VERY different.

BnBinSD, I got that same email at 6:30 AM and then two hours later got this "Expected delivery" email.

James, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer.

This seems to be the 7-Day email but with no mention of 7-Days. My date is still May 12.

nader said:
Hah! "SO BUSTED!" What was the answer after his agreeing that you have no accessories, yet are on hold for accessories? That seems like an obvious escalation request.

And yes, I've purchased cars with missing accessories before, and it's standard practice to get a "DUE BILL" and just pick them up later.

It's another fine lump of Customers Service BS. Nissan needs to storyboard a few more ideas. "Tsunami dust" would be alright, but a little close to Bee Pollen. "Ran out of software" for firmware reload. "Used up all the nitrogen" for tire filling. Do I have to think of everything here?

BnBinSD said:
Bruce, congratulations on being one of the first to own a Nissan LEAF™! To continue this historical journey, make sure you visit the Nissan Owners' Portal. By establishing your account before the delivery of your vehicle, you'll be able to take advantage of checking your battery status, setting your climate control - even managing your notifications and downloading mobile apps - all remotely. As for actually driving your Nissan LEAF - that's best enjoyed in person.

I got the same vapid content-free message, and a change from May 12 to May 9 on portal, which I take to mean someone booted up the order info randomizer again.

After over a month at being at April 14th, this morning I find that my date has changed to May 12th.
Maybe this is good. A couple weeks ago I figured I really had a May date, but it didn't update to just now.

Back