May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up our LEAF at North Bay on Sunday on our way home to Stockton from Mendocino/Fort Bragg. Ron called on Friday and said it just showed up. :D Ron and Randy at North Bay Nissan did a fabulous job. Couldn't be happier.

gbarry42 said:
OrientExpress said:
This morning my dashboard was back to "Delivery week of May 6". So maybe this weekend I'll have the car?
May 6 for us as well. And I agree with your statement:

May(be)! :lol:

Ok, there may be something to that -- my rather bizarre date movement went to May 6 as well.

Are they about to load up May as their biggest month yet??

~Y~

Got THE CALL this morning, my car has arrived! Needless to say I'm very happy right now. Probably pick up on Thurs. 5/5. My DB date is 5/6. I guess I truly am a May(be). :D

VIN 1265

Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Arrived 5/3/11

Called CS this morning to voice my frustration as the delays and to ask what happens to the Etec charger if I cancel. My dashboard went from 5/2 to 5/6 and now 5/12. I said I would cancel in June as I hate seeing a guy in town who order in January driving a red leaf like I ordered 4 months earlier. They said it should for sure be to me around 5/12. After I hung up the dealer called to say the car just came in. So, I PICK IT UP TOMORROW. Excited but odd they didn't know they had shipped it... Oh well, as long as I get the car and the $5k CA rebate all is good.

lisaleaf said:
Got THE CALL this morning, my car has arrived! Needless to say I'm very happy right now. Probably pick up on Thurs. 5/5. My DB date is 5/6. I guess I truly am a May(be). :D

VIN 1265

Res. 4/20/10
Ord. 10/30/10
Arrived 5/3/11

Congrats! I was told that mine is also on its way to Broadwalk, should be there in next couple days!

Spoke with Nissan CS today (again). They're telling me there are 3 phases after the Leaf arrives at the Port, and at each phase the delivery date may change.
At arrival, they assign a delivery date (for me, April 25). Next phase is the technology upgrade, at which time the delivery date is 'tweaked' (May 11). Finally, in the 'staging' area, they add the accessories & prep for transport. That causes the delivery date to change again (May 18). I guess they're claiming the third change is the most accurate. **But**transport across country is by train, and they don't ship until the container is full, which may throw the third date off. Hmmm. I'm not selling my Lexus yet ;)

davekern said:
They said it should for sure be to me around 5/12. After I hung up the dealer called to say the car just came in. So, I PICK IT UP TOMORROW. Excited but odd they didn't know they had shipped it...
Not odd at all. They don't know jack.
It's happened to two other people I know.. call CS to get some BS excuse about why the car will be delayed, only to have the dealer call and say "It's here." Seriously Nissan, WTF?

davekern said:
Called CS this morning to voice my frustration as the delays and to ask what happens to the Etec charger if I cancel. My dashboard went from 5/2 to 5/6 and now 5/12. I said I would cancel in June

Don't know what would happen with the charger (presumably, they come and get it at some point), but, you do realize that threatening to cancel is a HUGE plus to the dealer?

He can get $5,000 to $10,000 of extra profit by selling it virtually overnight to somebody on an orphan waiting list.

The only loser to this would be you.

TonyWilliams said:
davekern said:
Called CS this morning to voice my frustration as the delays and to ask what happens to the Etec charger if I cancel. My dashboard went from 5/2 to 5/6 and now 5/12. I said I would cancel in June
The only loser to this would be you.
And, you know, you lose your charger too.

Got the call yesterday morning and picked up the car in the evening. The dashboard had been moving in the right direction, 5/12>5/10>5/6 so I was hoping to get the call soon. For all of those that ordered in 2010 (I was 10/1), don't give up hope.

goohan said:
Got the call yesterday morning and picked up the car in the evening. The dashboard had been moving in the right direction, 5/12>5/10>5/6 so I was hoping to get the call soon. For all of those that ordered in 2010 (I was 10/1), don't give up hope.

Congratulations! I'm another 10/1 order, with a dashboard stuck on 4/14. It does give me hope to see so many LEAFs coming into San Diego. I keep staring at my phone....ring, darn it, ring!

OrientExpress said:
This morning my dashboard was back to "Delivery week of May 6". So maybe this weekend I'll have the car?

My DB has been holding steady at 'week of 5/05'. With many people "getting the call", Nissan has managed to drive my hopes up, again.

elbowelbein said:
Spoke with Nissan CS today (again). They're telling me there are 3 phases after the Leaf arrives at the Port, and at each phase the delivery date may change.
At arrival, they assign a delivery date (for me, April 25). Next phase is the technology upgrade, at which time the delivery date is 'tweaked' (May 11). Finally, in the 'staging' area, they add the accessories & prep for transport. That causes the delivery date to change again (May 18). I guess they're claiming the third change is the most accurate. **But**transport across country is by train, and they don't ship until the container is full, which may throw the third date off. Hmmm. I'm not selling my Lexus yet ;)

I hope that is true. My date had three bounces late last week and has held steady on the "Week of May 10" since Sunday.

elbowelbein said:

At first I was happy that my date had held steady at May 6, but having known the process and realized that my date had never been adjusted once is dashing my hope in seeing my Leaf anytime soon. :shock:

For those who received their cars this week, did you received the 7 day email ahead of time?

Changed by -1 day, this time. I expect Mr Spock to call tomorrow..."It will be delivered at approximately 3:42 PM. Just an estimate, of course, captain"

Lanzer said:
For those who received their cars this week, did you received the 7 day email ahead of time?
Got the 7 day email 8 days before LEAF arrived at PD, and we picked it up 2 days later.

My DB has been stuck on 4-22 since late March. No 7-day email yet. Dealer hadn't received an invoice as of last Friday, and I haven't heard any news this week.

Back