May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dlich18 said:
Bumped from "month of May" to "month of June" today. Carwings tab activated, but when I try to activate, system says no record of that VIN. Spoke to Leaf Telemetrics (carwings) customer service and told probably just a delay in communication between the two systems.

I am in the same situation. My Carwings dashboard open up and delivery date changed from May to June. Could not activate Carwings with provided VIN#. Called CS and was told to retry in 24-48 hours. Is it true that a Leaf with VIN# already arrived at the port?

xtremeflyer said:
I'm still "month of May", but I got my VIN today.. 3294
dlich18 said:
Bumped from "month of May" to "month of June" today. Carwings tab activated...
Good to see that you guys w/late Oct orders are getting some movement (unfortunately not me).
petfans said:
I am in the same situation. My Carwings dashboard open up and delivery date changed from May to June.
Nothing against you, petfans (I love pets, too!), but I am going to seriously lose it if Nissan is going to deliver a Sept Reservation / Late Feb order before mine.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

drees said:
xtremeflyer said:
dlich18 said:
Good to see that you guys w/late Oct orders are getting some movement (unfortunately not me).
petfans said:
I am in the same situation. My Carwings dashboard open up and delivery date changed from May to June.
Nothing against you, petfans (I love pets, too!), but I am going to seriously lose it if Nissan is going to deliver a Sept Reservation / Late Feb order before mine.... :evil: :evil: :evil:
You might want to look at the spread sheet, there are lots of Jan/Feb orders which have been already delivered or that are being delivered this week.

Dashboard change June to now week of May 9th. I hope it is sooner then that as I will be out of town that week in lovely PismoBeach/San Diego.

CS told me that my LEAF was manufactured March 9th which was two days before the earthquake/tsunami. My DB has stayed on 'week of May 6th' for a month now or more. It was released on Apr. 15th and waiting to be loaded ever since.

Just had my free Blink installed today by Baker Electric. Connected wirelessly ok, but the Blink's Device ID (MAC address) is blank, so it can't connect to their server (it's also blank on the Settings - Device Info screen). Support said that's a first. They stated they'll either replace the unit or might be able to connect remotely and patch.

A Blink rep was also here so I asked about what he knew about the schedule to install the public chargers. He'd only been with ECOtality for 2 weeks, so wasn't entirely certain but said he thought it was set for Summer, and Baker would be doing several of those in conjunction with a company from Irvine, forget the name unfortunately. He said they'd installed about 25-30 residential Blinks last week and had done about the same number this week.

Up until today, I had been Week of May 6 (month of April, then May 2), but when I just now checked, I'm now Week of May 12. Sigh... :(

BnBinSD said:
and Baker would be doing several of those in conjunction with a company from Irvine, forget the name unfortunately. He said they'd installed about 25-30 residential Blinks last week and had done about the same number this week.
Sunwest Electric is the other company, I believe. They performed the on-site check for my to-be-scheduled EVSE. Haven't heard from them since, though. Still think it's strange that Baker didn't do my on-site check and had Sunwest drive down from Irvine (Sunwest's address is actually in Anaheim!)

BnBinSD said:
Up until today, I had been Week of May 6 (month of April, then May 2), but when I just now checked, I'm now Week of May 12. Sigh... :(
It will get here soon, no doubt... at least you are still a month of May!

BnBinSD said:
Just had my free Blink installed today by Baker Electric. Connected wirelessly ok, but the Blink's Device ID (MAC address) is blank, so it can't connect to their server (it's also blank on the Settings - Device Info screen). Support said that's a first. They stated they'll either replace the unit or might be able to connect remotely and patch.

A Blink rep was also here so I asked about what he knew about the schedule to install the public chargers. He'd only been with ECOtality for 2 weeks, so wasn't entirely certain but said he thought it was set for Summer, and Baker would be doing several of those in conjunction with a company from Irvine, forget the name unfortunately. He said they'd installed about 25-30 residential Blinks last week and had done about the same number this week.

Our situations are very similar. My Blink was installed on Monday by Baker. We also have the similar car configs.

drees said:
xtremeflyer said:
dlich18 said:
petfans said:

Drees, I wish I could comfort you. Maybe, a few videos from petfans.net could cheer you up. Anyway, I just received additional information regarding my order. The car was manufactured on 4/18/2011. It is expected to arrive at the dealership on 6/3/2011. Shipping VPC: 44. Status: SIT.

Have a great weekend!!

drees said:
Sunwest Electric is the other company, I believe. They performed the on-site check for my to-be-scheduled EVSE. Haven't heard from them since, though. Still think it's strange that Baker didn't do my on-site check and had Sunwest drive down from Irvine (Sunwest's address is actually in Anaheim!)

Yup.. Sunwest just did my blink install yesterday. Came all the way down from Anaheim!

Not even sure I should continue posting...got the "week of May 12th" message this morning. Isn't there a "sigh" emoticon here somewhere? And today I received my seat covers :(

Ahh, the roller coaster ride of being a future Leaf owner. My dashboard said "month of May" for weeks, but as May drew closer and I still had no specific date, I feared I might slip to June. :(

But this week I got a call from ecotality asking when they could install my blink. The guy said they had a Leaf delivery date of 5/23 for me! Less than a month away! :D

So just when I think the end is near, I open my dashboard this morning and see "month of June." :(

But wait, my carwings has been enabled - at least I can sign up and pretend that I'm making progress! :D

Sure enough, on the first page of signup I get an error message. :(

Call customer service, we get the first page working and I get to the second page and see my VIN for the first time - CS rep says the car is in port! My car is 90 miles away! :D

Hang up from customer service, and sure enough on the next page I get the error message that many others got today: "That's not a valid VIN." :(

So I resign myself to June, change my signature to "month of June," move to the June Deliveries topic on this forum, and post the above message. Then tonight, I check my DB and I'm back to May, and for the first time have a specific date - May 30! (time to change the signature again) :D

This roller coaster is exhausting...

Just changed for the first time to a closer date; "Week of May 12" to "Week of May 10"

I called SDG&E yesterday to complain that my car charger had been installed (Baker) and that they had still not installed the electric meter. I left that afternoon, and came back to see a new electric meter sitting next to my "smart" meter.

Blink charger is online, and ready to go.

OK, I am throwing in the towel too and moving from the April to the May thread. Week of April 22, Fontana Nissan says 7-10 days after checking to see whether my firmware update has been done (No). VIN 1999.

Really, you both are mad? JimK you have a 11/29/10 order date and Stoaty you have a 1/26/11 order date and you both have VINs and know your cars are in the port of Long Beach. Do you know how many Sept, Oct, Nov and for Stoaty Dec and some Jan orders you skipped over? Most of the people you got ahead of have to wait until July to get their cars, and for those in California will most likely miss out on the $5000 to people who ordered well after them. Listening to someone so lucky complain about their situation is a bit much.

Glad I read cbiwww's post today. No email, notification, call etc. Just checked the portal this morning and magically, I now have a week of 5/30. I was in Month of May limbo for awhile. So, we will see if it sticks (not holding my breath). I did figure that something would have to happen given that it's the 30th. Glad I get to stay on the May(be) list.

After being put in front of thousands of earlier orders and castigating others for their frustration, you are "throwing in the towel?"

Stoaty said:
I have a busy and full life (which I hope the rest of you have). One of my interests is in getting an EV and promoting EV use to others. However, whether I get the EV in a month or six months or a year just isn't that big of a deal. Not enough to complain bitterly about any shortcomings Nissan may have or lose sleep over. I suppose it is someones right to be so obsessed with the car and the process that this is a big issue in their life, I just don't see it as particularly healthy. For those who made decisions like selling a car based on Nissan's rough time table, I consider that poor judgment on their part.

hvera said:
Glad I read cbiwww's post today. No email, notification, call etc. Just checked the portal this morning and magically, I now have a week of 5/30. I was in Month of May limbo for awhile. So, we will see if it sticks (not holding my breath). I did figure that something would have to happen given that it's the 29th. Glad I get to stay on the May(be) list.
With your change to 5/30 did you also get a VIN? or did you have a VIN before?

Back