May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am going to start posting here since I was originally an April delivery that got slowly but surely pushed to May (right now on May 16). I had been steady (for 4 weeks at April 26) until last week.....my car has received the AC fix, has been "released", but is ON HOLD at Long Beach. Supposedly awaiting shipment, but of course no one has any info on it. So it's been over a week and my car's just been waiting for a railcar I guess.

Ok, I just checked and now I see a May 12 week of delivery. I do not understand why they are still shipping out of sequence orders. I thought they were correcting the "forgotten Sept/Oct. orders. Will the CA rebate still be there? Why is my VIN 1000 numbers after the others? Somebody clue me in or am I just LEAF CRAZY?

cordero said:
Ok, I just checked and now I see a May 12 week of delivery. I do not understand why they are still shipping out of sequence orders. I thought they were correcting the "forgotten Sept/Oct. orders. Will the CA rebate still be there? Why is my VIN 1000 numbers after the others? Somebody clue me in or am I just LEAF CRAZY?

cordero, I guess I am crazy with you. I have VIN 1284 and am still stuck at a June delivery. It wouldn't be so bad if CS would give you some useful info, but every time I contact them I am just ... no words to describe it.

The CS people appear to be a hired out company with no real inside knowledge per se..

Again I've taken a zen attitude to it all. It'll get here when it gets here... it's just a car.

Ooohmmmmmmmm..... Oohhhmmmmmm......

May delivery date creep. My delivery date held at April 28th for a long time. Since then the date has gone to May 13th, then May 16th and now May 20th, all within the past week. Go figure. I think the scheduling system has numerous inputs by different individuals and updates for every input. A better system is deinately needed.

Port Townsend, WA

Friday morning I just got bumped from May 6 to May 12. Well I guess this will give Ecotality another week to contact me about the charging station.

I just got bumped this morning from May 13 to May 20. What's worse is I just sold my Prius today. So now I'm without a car. I thought I would have it in 2 weeks, now I'm looking at 3 or more weeks.

eeman said:
May delivery date creep. My delivery date held at April 28th for a long time. Since then the date has gone to May 13th, then May 16th and now May 20th, all within the past week. Go figure. I think the scheduling system has numerous inputs by different individuals and updates for every input. A better system is deinately needed.

Port Townsend, WA

Funny how I am in Seattle, and have had almost the same date moves as you. I guess we will be on the same railcar?

My dates were 4/21, then 4/26 for a long time. Then to May 12, May 13, May 16, and now May 20...... Interesting

evmike said:
Friday morning I just got bumped from May 6 to May 12. Well I guess this will give Ecotality another week to contact me about the charging station.

May I suggest that you contact them instead. They may have suspended your installation due to them receiving bad data from Nissan that your car does not have a quick charge port. This is what happened to me, and required all sorts of jumping through hoops to get things straightened out.

Nissan has really dropped the ball on this process.

adric22 said:
I just got bumped this morning from May 13 to May 20. What's worse is I just sold my Prius today. So now I'm without a car. I thought I would have it in 2 weeks, now I'm looking at 3 or more weeks.

Are you getting two Leafs? I thought you already had taken delivery?

How do you know, that Vehicle Manufactured: 3/28/2011? I tried to get that information from CS, but they said they don't have it.

Azat said:
How do you know, that Vehicle Manufactured: 3/28/2011? I tried to get that information from CS, but they said they don't have it.

Same here. CS couldn't provide it. They said all they know is that the "materials were acquired, production planned, production started, or maybe production finished..." which is to say, they know nothing at all.

The DEALER, however, saw a manufacturing date on the dashboard.

Anyway, May 6 -> May 12 Friday morning. This is getting really f'n old. If I did this to my customers, I'd expect a smackdown and reduced customer base. Really looking forward to that JD Powers survey.

Last week I sent a mail to my dealer asking how the deliveries are going, and he said that as of April 18th they received cars that had an ETA date of March 30th. Judging from that, I'm not expecting my "week of May 6th" date to be met but it'll probably be another 3 weeks on top of that.

Most likely the first two weeks of May will be deliveries for those who had a delivery date in April.

Bumped from "month of May" to "month of June" today. Carwings tab activated, but when I try to activate, system says no record of that VIN. Spoke to Leaf Telemetrics (carwings) customer service and told probably just a delay in communication between the two systems.

Lanzer said:
Last week I sent a mail to my dealer asking how the deliveries are going, and he said that as of April 18th they received cars that had an ETA date of March 30th. Judging from that, I'm not expecting my "week of May 6th" date to be met but it'll probably be another 3 weeks on top of that.

Most likely the first two weeks of May will be deliveries for those who had a delivery date in April.

Greetings, fellow Maybees! (and suddenly I am struck by memories of Romper Room -- "Don't be a don't bee, do be a May bee...")

My sig says it all... in the last week my DB date keeps moving forward in a perverse proof of Zeno's paradox, as if they think they slooooooooowly reduce the apparent wait time (despite the apparent endless progression of the ACTUAL wait) is better than saying "Aw screw it, we won't get your car to you until June 12th". Thus I have moved from the April delivery thread, to June, back to April, and now... Well, unless I get a surprise call TODAY, can manage to run to the credit union to reactivate my auto loan (not a big deal, the nice thing about community financial organizations is that you can be on a first name basis with the loan officer fairly quickly, and thus they know you're not the one getting flakey with it), this is now going to be a May delivery for sure.

Pardon me for a moment whilst I let out my inner Charlie Brown:

AUUUUGH!!

Thank you, I feel better now. Now to return to the heated speculation and ponder that JD Powers survey wherein I can likely turn a viscous phrase or two from the lathe of my most bitter wit.

~Y~

Azat said:

I guess you could call it a "benefit" of the general performance of the Leaf Customer care was that since they sent the wrong configuration information to the EV project which caused the EV project to put a hold on my participation in the project, I contacted my dealer (Thanks Brendon) to get them to send proof of my cars config to the EV project. That information had the build date on it.

If you have a VIN, contact your dealer to look at your order online, and they should be able to tell you the build date.

Back