May Deliveries! Or... May(be)?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered Jan 11 and got an April date several weeks ago. Thought I had won the lottery, too good to be true. Well it was and has slipped to May :cry: . Still at 4 months it is better than I expected. Now waiting for the next round of delays :?

ttweed said:
Beachcliffs said:
Based on my own experience and perusing another thread, you can now expand the beginning of your range to October 1st.
Yes, you can put me in that group, after having my Sept. order delayed until Oct. 1, and then my April delivery delayed until May.

yep, ttweed, your situation was the one that I was thinking of when I wrote my post. My angst with Nissan is that I was told that reservation date would trump order date, so I waited until I was actually able to test drive the Leaf in Santa Monica on Oct 3rd (thus the order date on the following day).

Mine just got changed from April to the May(be) club. Should the name of this thread be "Re: May(be) Deliveries"

mgoleta said:
Mine just got changed from April to the May(be) club. Should the name of this thread be "Re: May(be) Deliveries"

Where are you? You're the first one I've seen (other than mine) that has a May delivery month and a Sept. 30th order date. But mine never was April, just Pending until the email a few weeks ago.

The spreadsheet shows at least seven September orders with May estimated delivery month.
I feel like I am hanging by a thread to stay in April. I assume I if I do get mine in April it will be the last few days.

LEAFfan said:
mgoleta said:

Where are you? You're the first one I've seen (other than mine) that has a May delivery month and a Sept. 30th order date. But mine never was April, just Pending until the email a few weeks ago.

I am in Santa Barbara, CA. Had some early issues with Dashboard. My reservation time was about 2-1/2 hours after the emails went out on 4/20. I am supposedly #4 at Santa Barbara Nissan on their delivery lists. Apparently we are not one of the higher priority rollout cities. I see that LindaK in Morro Bay is scheduled for delivery very soon (3/11/2011) from Santa Maria Nissan.

LEAFfan said:
mgoleta said:

I'm in the SF Bay Area, ordered September 29, and my April date has been moved to May, more than 7 months out. The odd thing is, my car has already been built according to Nissan, so why won't it get here until May? Is it just waiting to be shipped or do they go through a lengthy test & QA process after building it? Maybe the problem is with the shipping resources? It doesn't make sense to me.

Rat said:
LEAFfan said:
mgoleta said:

I'm in the SF Bay Area, ordered September 29, and my April date has been moved to May, more than 7 months out. The odd thing is, my car has already been built according to Nissan, so why won't it get here until May? Is it just waiting to be shipped or do they go through a lengthy test & QA process after building it? Maybe the problem is with the shipping resources? It doesn't make sense to me.

And what I don't understand is why your September order is scheduled for May, but there are January orders scheduled for April. Are you in the ETEC project? Is there some possibility that is having an effect?

Rat,

Did they give you a VIN #? If not how likely is the car to actually have been built?

Call me skeptical. I was initially told by Nissan that I should have expected to have been able to order 9/1 but that obviously didn't happen.

Hopefully Nissan's large quantity deliveries to Japan will allow them to work out whatever production issues they are having before they build my car.

It appears Nissan has a dealer allocation system. So your delivery time and order of delivery may be quite specific to which PD was selected.

mgoleta said:
It appears Nissan has a dealer allocation system. So your delivery time and order of delivery may be quite specific to which PD was selected.

Yes, except that I am reading reports of people ordering in January from my same PD and receiving April delivery dates while I am still a May delivery date. I hate to be anxious about all of this, but the whole ordering and delivery process has been so erratic and veiled that it has heightened my concerns.

RevBrent said:
mgoleta said:

Yes, except that I am reading reports of people ordering in January from my same PD and receiving April delivery dates while I am still a May delivery date. I hate to be anxious about all of this, but the whole ordering and delivery process has been so erratic and veiled that it has heightened my concerns.

That just isn't right. I understand the frustation. Have you talked to you PD? THey may be able to tell you were you stand in their order queue.

Yeah...that is a good idea. I'll call him tomorrow. What I am wondering is if some of these increased allocations are taking sometime to retroactively change people's delivery dates. So, I will wait until tomorrow AM and see if my dashboard gets updated.

The worst part is that I don't want to seem like someone who is a bad sport and overly worried about "fairness", but with the CVRP having limited funds my place in the delivery queue can make a huge financial difference to me!

RevBrent said:
The worst part is that I don't want to seem like someone who is a bad sport and overly worried about "fairness", but with the CVRP having limited funds my place in the delivery queue can make a huge financial difference to me!
I would certainly be annoyed if someone who order 2 months after I did got their Leaf delivered before me. I ordered late January and just got April delivery. Hard to believe, and if true hopefully those who got April and ordered much earlier than me will be moved up to late March or early April.

My dashboard just went to Month of May. My dealer told me that weeks ago, but now it's official, at least for the being.

Ordered January 26th, Port Townsend, WA.

mgoleta said:
I'm wondering about the same thing. I just spoke to my dealer today, and he told me he has only delivered one car so far, and has several hundred on order, most scheduled for April or May.

Ray

Stoaty said:
I ordered late January and just got April delivery.
This does not seem reasonable or fair--a late January order coming in a month before my Oct. 1 order? Has your dealer confirmed this?

TT

Just got email from Nissan this morning 2-23-11 telling me that my car would be delivered in May 2011. I reserved 6-14-2010. RAQ was 1-24-11. I really was not expecting it until the end of summer. I am gone June and July in Hawaii, so car will be pretty lonely for two months. There is probably no mechanism for delaying order until say August.
If I do indeed get it in May it will be less than a year since reservation. I notice that some who reserved and RAQ earlier than me are not getting theirs until later in the year. This does not seem fair.

And to be clear, some of these later orders/earlier deliveries are to the same Preferred Dealers. For instance, check this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1238&start=210 where several people have Jan. or even February orders that are set for April deliveries. This while others have October (or possibly September) orders that are still listed as May deliveries.

I simply don't see the rhyme or reason behind this. How on earth can someone have ordered just this month and receive their car before me from the same dealer? This is quite disconcerting...

EDIT: Just to say that my PD has been excellent through the whole process and my concerns here should not reflect on him at all!

ttweed said:
This does not seem reasonable or fair--a late January order coming in a month before my Oct. 1 order? Has your dealer confirmed this?
Agree that it doesn't seem reasonable or fair. No, I haven't checked with the dealer. I will wait a couple of weeks to see if there is a change made by Nissan. I don't want to spend a lot of energy worrying about this. If it comes in April great. If May, June or July great also. Sooner or later the car will be delivered. I am going to let Nissan worry about this, not me :)

Back