Maryland Vehicle Excise Tax credit for Leaf - how is done?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prebson said:
Raza,

There is a form on the DMV website that you can fill out and send to the DMV. In my case that resulted in the dealer sending a check to the credit union that holds my loan. It seems that the dealers in Maryland are not all on the same page as to how this should work. My dealer, Darcars Nissan in Rockville, seems to think that they shouldn't credit you the rebate on the sales contract, while another dealer I heard of (Frederick Nissan?) was told by the DMV that they should apply it to the sales contract. Either way, you should get it once you file the form.

Mark

Thanks Mark

It is upsetting that Nissan should have ensured that their dealers were on the same page. I haved faxed a letter to the Finance Manager of Len Stoler. I am curious what he is going to say and how he is going to defend other dealers knocking off $2000 at purchase time when he would not do in my case.

Raza

prebson said:
Raza,

There is a form on the DMV website that you can fill out and send to the DMV. In my case that resulted in the dealer sending a check to the credit union that holds my loan. It seems that the dealers in Maryland are not all on the same page as to how this should work. My dealer, Darcars Nissan in Rockville, seems to think that they shouldn't credit you the rebate on the sales contract, while another dealer I heard of (Frederick Nissan?) was told by the DMV that they should apply it to the sales contract. Either way, you should get it once you file the form.

Mark

Mark

I am curious to know if you leased or bought the car. If you purchased it, did you find better interest rates than what Nissan was offereing? In my case (purchased), the interest was 2.99%. If it is less by credit union, I have no problem jumping ship from Captial One Auto (I believe) that has my loan.

Does anyone know how to get the $400 Maryland EVSE install tax credit.

I have the forms, but I'm not sure how to fill them out.

http://forms.marylandtaxes.com/current_forms/500CR.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://energy.maryland.gov/Transportation/evse/documents/ResidentialApplicationForm.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the certification request, what goes in line B1? Is it the total cost of the install? or just the cost of the charger itself?

Raza said:
prebson said:
Raza,

Mark

Mark

I am curious to know if you leased or bought the car. If you purchased it, did you find better interest rates than what Nissan was offereing? In my case (purchased), the interest was 2.99%. If it is less by credit union, I have no problem jumping ship from Captial One Auto (I believe) that has my loan.

Raza,

I haven't been on for a while...

I ended up buying. I wasn't sure whether I was going to buy or lease until I got the call that it was available and then I decided right then and there that I would buy it. I went with my credit union and got 2.49% for 5 years. They offered to match it but I decided to stick with my credit union out of loyalty to them. That rate you have is good. I don't think you'd save a whole lot by reducing it by 1/2 percent.

Mark

BRBarian said:
Does anyone know how to get the $400 Maryland EVSE install tax credit.

I have the forms, but I'm not sure how to fill them out.

http://forms.marylandtaxes.com/current_forms/500CR.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://energy.maryland.gov/Transportation/evse/documents/ResidentialApplicationForm.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the certification request, what goes in line B1? Is it the total cost of the install? or just the cost of the charger itself?

OK. I got the certificate. It wasn't so difficult. Here's what they sent me:

"Thank you for applying to the Maryland EVSE Tax Credit Program.
Your application has been processed and your Credit Certificate is attached to this email.

Claiming Your Tax Credit
Form 500CR must be completed and submitted with your Maryland State income tax return. If the business is a pass-through entity, Form 500CR must be prepared for the pass-through entity and submitted with the entity's income tax return. A modified federal Schedule K-1 provided by the pass-through entity to its members must separately state their shares of the credit. Individuals or entities must attach the credit certificate provided by MEA to Form 500CR submitted with their personal (Form 502), corporate (Form 500) or pass-through entity (Form 510) income tax returns.
Note: In general, 500CR is used as a business tax form but individuals may use it to claim certain individual tax credits. The Electric Vehicle Recharging Tax Credit Program falls under this scenario."

Back