March Deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm still "Month of March", I called the chat line and the CSR said to chill for another week. She said that many things should start within a week for me (30 days prior to the end of March).

DeaneG said:
Since I'm still "Month of March", I called the chat line and the CSR said to chill for another week. She said that many things should start within a week for me (30 days prior to the end of March).

Nissan's CSR on chat are completely useless when it comes to delivery questions (or any other questions for that matter).

pksd1 said:
..Nissan's CSR on chat are completely useless when it comes to delivery questions (or any other questions for that matter).
The main thing I wanted to find out was if there was anything holding up my car. I tried to change the "protection package" to the rear bumper protector, and it never happened. I worried that maybe my request wedged something into the delivery cogs.

Just slipped another day :( Week of March 25, 2011. A little upset to see people that reserved and ordered 4 months after me getting their leaf a few weeks after me, oh well.

pksd1 said:
March 18th.... to March 24th... to March 25th :?

Same here.

Did this moving of dates happen to people who already have gotten their LEAFs? Did people generally get their LEAFs delivered before, after, or on the dates on their dashboards?

from everything I've read every person who went from "month of..." to an actual date indicating week of has had the date move on a daily basis. It does not seem to have moved more than 4-5 days unless I've missed something, but it moves back and forth. Of all the deliveries I've seen, most were delivered a day or two before the last date shown, but there were some that stopped moving and were delivered a few days afterward. I've not tracked every post here, but that is the jist of what I've read.

palmermd said:
from everything I've read every person who went from "month of..." to an actual date indicating week of has had the date move on a daily basis. It does not seem to have moved more than 4-5 days unless I've missed something, but it moves back and forth. Of all the deliveries I've seen, most were delivered a day or two before the last date shown, but there were some that stopped moving and were delivered a few days afterward. I've not tracked every post here, but that is the jist of what I've read.

That is what my assessment would be too.

Same dates, I find it entertaining they know by a day for deliveries 400 miles apart that have the exact same delivery dates and changes. If they keep at this rate buy end of Feb it will be a April delivery. I think they add dates generically based on delays.

IMO each change of date signifys getting through another step in the process.
Loading the ship, Unloading, installing accessories, final quality checks, scheduling dealer shipment, etc.
The fact that the date is moving means it is one more step closer.

Has anyone counted how many date changes before delivery?

Unfortunately for me all my date changes have been progressively later and later.

1. Month of January
2. Month of February
3. Month of March
4. Week of March 11
5. Week of March 14
6. Week of March 16
7. Week of March 17

After the third date change I began to take it with a grain of salt.

After the 5th, I added in a bite of lime and a shot of Tequila.

The only thing that keeps me sane.

Back