Maintenance Package for $699 for 3 year lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeftieBiker said:
I'm going to extend my lease, so I guess I'll be looking at the brake fluid change as well, next year. Given the quality of the work I've had so far, I may use an independent shop.

FWIW, I wouldn't let anyone work on my Leaf (except tires) at this point: I've just seen too many "deer in the headlights" looks from non-dealers/independants. The brake fluid flush is only $100, and you can do it at an annual battery check. There just isn't that much to do on a Leaf to risk it.

The dealerships charged me for a cabin filter while failing to install it, promised to do the recall work and then didn't do it, and mounted my new tires with two of them facing the wrong way. I don't have any confidence in them, either.

the dealership I got mine at sucks on service.
On closing my purchase the finance person throws out (with a straight face)some maintenance thing for $100+ per month.At this point my lease is $139 per month.So,I basicly throw the idiocracy back in his face. This car needs $100 per month of maintenance==by-by .The tune changed real quick in the hallway out of the building.To date:2 years ownership.22k miles I've spent $26 on maintenance.2 tire rotations & to get a leak in the tire fixed.By the way, on the 6 month free check up and tire rotation the dealer didn't bother rotating,cleaning the car as promised ,or resetting the low tire light.Then on the 1 year free maintenance / batterie check the same adviser kid tells me it is approx. $400 for all the necessary stuff required.So I have him show me said list,of course NONE of it was nessesary.Got the free ???battery check from them .Pain in my ash ,drop it off, pick it up --for what ?Nissan info gathering.O' well just glad they gave me the car to drive for almost free.Inspite of the money sucking ,lazy dealership.

Service and parts departments at dealership are supposed to pay for the cost of running a dealership (absorption rate) and the sale of new and used automobiles should provide the profit. Since EVs like the Leaf require little or no maintenance, dealers need to replace the income lost from low maintenance EVs.

You don't need a brake system flush every three years. I recommend that you lease your EV and never pay a cent for maintenance. The finance manager that misled you with that information is putting the dealer at risk of unnecessary litigation. They would easily lose if someone were to sue them. I don't get why so many finance managers resort to lying to customers. Most customers will gladly pay for things that they find value in or to mitigate risk... like insurance, service contracts etc.

I just bought leaf 2015 yesterday, didn't resist the seller so added a 5-year "security plus" option for $940+tax. It basically covers 5 year maintain , plus tire protection. Is it worth that for a purchased (not leased) Leaf?
I read the notes, seems I can cancel it within 60 days. Did anybody have experience canceling that , and is it hassle free to get all refund?

min68 said:
I just bought leaf 2015 yesterday, didn't resist the seller so added a 5-year "security plus" option for $940+tax. It basically covers 5 year maintain , plus tire protection. Is it worth that for a purchased (not leased) Leaf?
I read the notes, seems I can cancel it within 60 days. Did anybody have experience canceling that , and is it hassle free to get all refund?

Hoo, boy. If it covers rips and tears in the fabric and dents and dings on the exterior, it can be justified - my housemate got coverage like that for her leased Prius PHEV. If not, you got hosed.

smkettner said:
That is $940 of pure profit for the dealer. There is nothing for them to actually cover.
Cancel immediately if not sooner.

Thanks guys.
One more question though. From what I read in this forum, a lot of maintain(which recommended by Nissan/dealer) are really not needed.

For my previous cars, in first 3 years I always followed maintain schedule with dealer, just not to give dealer any excuse to void my warranty. After 3 years I mostly just did oil change etc basic stuff.
How do everybody do on your Leaf? Do you follow maintain schedule? if so we need to it twice a year, I think at least cost $100-$150?
If we don't follow that, is it safe to keep our bump-to-bump warranty?

min68 said:
I always followed maintain schedule with dealer, just not to give dealer any excuse to void my warranty.

Just wanted to point out that this is a myth that is perpetuated too much. Not doing recommended maintenance will not void your warranty, and it's not the dealer that provided you the warranty, it was the manufacturer. The only time Nissan can void your warranty in this case is if the lack of maintenance is what caused that particular part to fail. There is nothing on the LEAF that will fail because of lack of maintenance (within the 3 years which are covered by the warranty).

Back