Maintenance and dent protection package

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samrash

I am closing on my Leaf SV tonight. Dealer is pushing for Maint + dent protection package for 850 over 3 year lease. I have been reading several posts that this is not needed while dealer is saying that there is maint every 6 months and 1 hr of tech time is $170/hr etc. Has anyone been in the lease for more than a year or so without such package and what is their experience?
Pl. advise

Put simply, it is worthless. Decline it.
The leaf does not require maintenance every six months. You'd be real hard pressed to spend 1/3 of that over 3 years! And if they charge $170 an hour for labor, find another dealer real quick! The dealer is lying to you on many fronts.

samrash said:
I am closing on my Leaf SV tonight. Dealer is pushing for Maint + dent protection package for 850 over 3 year lease. I have been reading several posts that this is not needed while dealer is saying that there is maint every 6 months and 1 hr of tech time is $170/hr etc. Has anyone been in the lease for more than a year or so without such package and what is their experience?
Pl. advise

If the dealer will cover repainting paint chips on the hood and sides of the car in that package I would buy it. The paint is very thin and my hood has numerous chips after three years of freeway commuting. If not, I wouldn't get it...but it's always up to you in the end.

Yes, if you buy it do it for the ding protection. Nissan is going to try to profit from their own thin paint, according to their turn-in guidelines. Example: if a scratch in the paint will catch a fingernail, they charge for it. They also don't allow touch up paint, only sprayed repairs. No holes are allowed in the upholstery. We paid about the same for my housemate's Prius PHEV because we know we won't be buying it off-lease. But make sure you roll the payment into the lease, instead of paying up front. If the car is totaled you lose whatever you paid up front.

Back