Low low price?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jhenline said:
How are dealers offering prices like http://www.screencast.com/t/PQETmLco64. Are they just estimating the price AFTER you would get the $7,500 rebate or are they somehow giving you the discount of the rebate off the top (right away) and then handling the rebates themselves? :?
I was catching up on my newspaper reading this morning and was reading about rebates given to dealers by the manufacturers to spark sales, in particular they used an example of a honda store that sold 2 crv at a loss just to qualify for the incentives and how Nissan (whose sales were up 25% in may) has given a rebate of $500 per car to their dealers after they sell X amount of cars ( X was not divulged)
this might explain some "incredible" deals you might become aware of, it is a well known fact that the best time to negotiate a car deal is at the end of an incentive period, the problem is that it is hard to learn when these time periods are because they always don't coincide with the calendar.

Interesting. I'm waiting to hear back from this particular dealer on the details. I want to buy vs. lease but I am not interested in getting creative with taxes in order to qualify for it. It would be amazing to have that money taken off the purchase price. :D

jhenline said:
Interesting. I'm waiting to hear back from this particular dealer on the details. I want to buy vs. lease but I am not interested in getting creative with taxes in order to qualify for it. It would be amazing to have that money taken off the purchase price. :D

If you lease, they calculate the rebate into the price which the dealership pockets later (the advertised price). So they get the $7500 rebate but pass the savings onto you. If you buy, the price would be closer MSRP which you would have to get the tax rebate yourself at the end of the year.

Good to know. This is the first time I've seen a dealer advertise a price this way. I thought there was some new fancy incentive going on where Nissan would gift (so to speak) that rebate amount off the top of the car when buying out right as well.

jhenline said:
Good to know. This is the first time I've seen a dealer advertise a price this way. I thought there was some new fancy incentive going on where Nissan would gift (so to speak) that rebate amount off the top of the car when buying out right as well.
I think that you are missing the fact that this rebate is not from Nissan it is from the federal government, in addition to the fed tax rebates your state might offer some additional rebates

apvbguy said:
I think that you are missing the fact that this rebate is not from Nissan it is from the federal government, in addition to the fed tax rebates your state might offer some additional rebates

While I do understand the rebate comes from the government, I thought perhaps there was something going on where Nissan would work through that to get the rebate after the purchase so as to offer the car near the ~25k mark.

But yeah, these prices seem to be for leases.

Back