Los Angeles now part of "No Charge to Charge" program

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgalvan

So I got an e-mail today that basically says Los Angeles is now part of the "No Charge to Charge" program.

I received my "EZ Charge" card a few weeks ago, but registered it under a different market since at the time I received the card you could not register it unless you chose a market from the pulldown menu, and Los Angeles was not among those markets listed back then.

Now I am wondering if I can re-register the EZ Charge card so that I can get my 2 years of free charging in L.A. . . .

Anyone in Los Angeles successful in charging for free via Blink stations in Los Angeles via this program?

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/nissan-offers-free-charging-for-new-leaf-buyers-in-los-angeles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(it looks like it should only be free if you bought/leased your leaf after July 1 2014:)
"LEAF owners who purchased or leased their vehicle on or after July 1, 2014, in the Los Angeles market will receive entry into the “No Charge to Charge” program retroactively."

Question....how did you receive your EZ Charge card? Did you have to register at some where? I purchased my vehicle at end of August....so far I have not yet receive anything. I tried to ask my dealer about it, but they are clueless about the program. Please help! Thanks.

Any one know if they are still building charging infrastructure for this program or not ? It's still not that many charging station out there.

Ran into a fella driving an older Leaf who said a friendly dealer gave him a EZ charge card for free. This is adding insult to the injury, not only do the new owners get free juice and we have to pay, but also they cannot enforce the legitimate usage of the system.

They gave me one too... I've never actually used it except once to see if it actually worked... It did.

Valdemar said:
Ran into a fella driving an older Leaf who said a friendly dealer gave him a EZ charge card for free.

I will be in Simi tomorrow for the first paid battery report, will check if they can hook me up with one, but knowing my luck I'm not holding my breath.

I purchased my 2015 Leaf in August 2014 from Corona Nissan and received the NCTC card four weeks later. I don't remember if it was mailed from the dealership or some NNA office.

FYI:
I used my EZ-Charge card at a Blink Quickcharge station a couple weeks ago and got the "No-charge-to-charge" promotion: A free 30 minute quick charge.

this is even though I bought my Leaf in April, before L.A.'s cutoff time to be in the NCTC program. So I don't know why I got the promotion, but it was a pleasant surprise (or mistake?).

Followup:
I have now used my EZ Charge card to get the NCTC promotion at over 10 participating DC Quickcharge stations. In fact it allowed me to drive from L.A. to San Diego and back, twice, for free. Nice perk!

Back