Live Experience at Cerritos Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smartshot

So I've heard many bad things about this dealership and also afew good things.
So considering that it's my perfered dealer anyways I thought I would debunk or approve of these comments.
I have been keeping a log of every day that we talked - what we talked about etc. Considering that I'm getting my leaf really soon and have done tons of research I feel I'm prepared to give a - what I hope an unbiased review.
I know we are going to be in there awhile filling out paperwork (average is about 3 hours, this is the same for most the other dealers.) So I will try to speak about things different then the normal dealer.
So far John B has been pretty good whenever I spoke with him- even offering advise on certain features. He even let me test some things he wasnt sure about.
The only problem so far is that John is always busy, not working, or doesn't return phone calls. You really have to just catch him (he isn't avoiding us I feel he's just busy and forgets).

About the car he is offering his at msrp but when I told him of the other dealers offering 1000 under he said he will work it out and make it up to us. So I'll keep you updated about that also.

Smartshot said:
So I've heard many bad things about this dealership and also afew good things.

As far as I know, it's been somewhat the opposite - a few bad things and many good things (one of the good things being them opening up the dealership for our LEAF meetings there for a while). The problem with negative experiences is they tend to get more coverage than positive ones, especially when there is no rebuttal and we only get the one side of the story. Such is the case here, and I can only think that John or his GM would have been well served to give their side of the two (that I can think of) negative reports that have posted here.

I agree thats why I decide to post a topic about. I ran a search and didn't really come up with much. Leaf meetup but that has been changed to home town buffet now. Reviews are mostly on yelp (negative)

Went over there to check on the financing to find that my credit was pulled twice by the dealership without it even it being sent to the bank (they need to run it also). Problem is that it would be spread over two months. This looks bad on the credit report (looks like your taking out two loans). Long story short is that submitted the papers today to avoid the next month report being run. The managers were doing their best to help. It was a very good experience.
Also I counted 3 ophan red leafs one SV the others are SL's with quick charge port. They are selling I think for MSRP but have floor mats. One is vin number 7500 the other 8033 and the sv I didn't really check. I wanted to get it but we are getting "ours" next week.

Smartshot said:
They are selling I think for MSRP but have floor mats.

Trust me that you WANT the floor mats (or at least some floor mats) - the quality of the carpeting is such that it pills pretty darn easily. The mats, on the other hand, seem like they'll wear well over the long term.

Really didn't think the floor mats were that big a deal but run again never thought of it. I was just going to buy some weather tech type floor mats. But maybe I'll spring for the factory ones also. So far John has taken the time whenever we see him to answer any questions we have. I've been to that dealer so much people might think Im wiling there pretty soon. Haha

mwalsh said:
Smartshot said:
They are selling I think for MSRP but have floor mats.

Trust me that you WANT the floor mats (or at least some floor mats) - the quality of the carpeting is such that it pills pretty darn easily. The mats, on the other hand, seem like they'll wear well over the long term.

Do you meant the Nissan "spray on" material they call carpet? I don't see how they can call that carpet, not even trunk liner. The floor mats are not much better quality.

I think it'd be better to buy customized rubber mats later like you're talking about. I bought mine custom pre-cut to fit the Leaf floor for much cheaper than the factory mats. But if they already come with the car you like, they're not going to become a deal breaker just because you want to save a few bucks on the mats.

EVDRIVER said:
Do you meant the Nissan "spray on" material they call carpet? I don't see how they can call that carpet, not even trunk liner. The floor mats are not much better quality.
The Leaf doesn't have carpet - the floor is just a large piece of velcro designed to hold the mats in place. I thought everyone knew.

Ask for the Nissan (OEM) all-weather floormats. See http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks those factory all weather mats look great I'm going to order some as soon as I get the car (hopefully tomorrow) or thrusday. I also sent weathertech a request. So far everything is falling into place - and hopefully I will have the car by next meet.

Update- I have been to the dealer multiple times. It is very hard to get a hold of John. Everyone else at the dealer try's to help as best as they could. My Leaf has come in about 4 days ago. I still have not been notified. I found out when I drove by the place and seen it on Tuesday or Wednesday. I matched the Vin to my account and wondered what happen. At this moment John is no where to be seen and everyone at the dealer is telling me I pretty much have to wait for him to show up to work. So I will be without a leaf for maybe another week. Mean while the car is getting rained and thunderstorms right on top of it. I have to go there daily because they parked in under a place where birds nest (bird droppings). I have emailed John, Called him many times, and still have not heard back. Has anyone had trouble getting their leaf from the dealer?

Sorry to hear that your salesman is AWOL. I received notice from my dealership promptly as soon as they knew the date of the car arrival, even before it arrived. I find it ridiculous that there's nobody else in your dealership can help get your car processed for you, and even more ridiculous that nobody knows the whereabout of John.

SmartShot,
A pleasure to see you two at the SoCal Gathering today. :D

Seems strange indeed that nobody at the Cerritos Nissan
dealership can sell this car to you.

MAYBE they are trying to get you to "orphan" it?

Make sure they get your car cleaned up properly.
Talk to the manager either tomorrow or Monday.
Good Luck, Gary

Thanks Gary,

I just called and John is getting in at one pm so hopefully today I will be pickin Autumn up (Kathy named her already)

Called to confirm and found out I can't pick it up today. John is AWOL. I talked to Richard his manager he told me tomorrow he will be in. I made another appointment tomorrow. This is really frustrating. Considering I haven't talked to them about purchasing or leasing yet. Hopefully they will make it up to me as was talked about.

Picked up autumn yesterday night. It was very pleasant. Everything went smooth (mostly cause I had done all types of research thru this site). John didn't try to take advantage of us nor did anyone from the dealer. But I did bring a print out of many pages (money factors, lease docs, average payments) so that made it really simple. I suggest bring these things to any dealer. So they know your well informed. John didn't need to show us much in th car and we were off in about 3-4 hours. Loving it
Thanks for all your help guys

Back