little trees

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can go to five little trees and one big one. I've seen it a few times when stuck in traffic, which is ironic since my efficiency is lower then than when I am moving... The whole tree thing is simply silly.

TomT said:
You can go to five little trees and one big one. I've seen it a few times when stuck in traffic, which is ironic since my efficiency is lower then than when I am moving... The whole tree thing is simply silly.
+1

TomT said:
I used to agree, but if you think of your ICE burning gas while you idle, it makes sense for them to continue to grow. We may save more carbon sitting still than going down the highway!

Such a silly waste of space. Whenever anyone asks what that graphic is, and I tell them, all I get in return is a blank stare.

Got the max trees on my first drive, a cold, slow & long ride home from the dealer's. I'd have burned a tree to heat my feet at that point :eek: .

weekss said:
Got the max trees on my first drive, a cold, slow & long ride home from the dealer's. I'd have burned a tree to heat my feet at that point :eek: .

haha, i've also had it fill once on a long slow trip. I agree though, it is a waste of space... The Focus EV also has nonsense (butterflies i believe?). Its a 'feature' designed to sell cars i think, "Oh look it even shows how much good we're doing, and look the more trees the more money we're going to save, what a nice feature" <1 week later> "what a waste of space, get the painters tape."

The bar around it is also iffy imo. For example, the more you press the gas the lower it goes indicating you're not doing too well efficiency-wise, right? So pop the car in neutral and press the gas. The bar drops way down even though you aren't applying any power. :?

I hate the trees, they don't mean anything. Give me total regen per trip in that space! That's a game we can play :) Even better, tell me when the friction brakes are kicking in so I can ease off a bit. Anything but trees or butterflies!

The trees are stupid because if anything you're actually killing trees by using your EV over your ICE.

cp11 said:
The trees are stupid because if anything you're actually killing trees by using your EV over your ICE.

But my ICE is a logging truck? I also use an electric chainsaw, does it kill trees twice as fast? It seems to cut slower then the gas one.

To see how important Eco Trees are to Nissan, go to CarWings, check out the Eco Trees link for the "World Eco Forest", and then check the graph. It has been broken since Feb 2012.

Back