Leviton EVSE availibilty update.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nuha said:
At this point I can't even get my hands on the spec so I can see what circuitry is needed!
You can order the spec in paper or PDF format straight from the SAE - or do a forum search and find the links for the quick download... (hint - reference documents sticky thread)

Is this for real?
http://store.leviton.com/Charging-Station-output-Standard-Install/dp/B004X6BNJO

Does "standard installation" mean it's device + electrician visit or does it mean "device with standard plug and hanging hardware"?

:ugeek:

nuha said:
Is this for real? http://store.leviton.com/Charging-Station-output-Standard-Install/dp/B004X6BNJO
Does "standard installation" mean it's device + electrician visit or does it mean "device with standard plug and hanging hardware"? :ugeek:
Nice find! Thank you!
They say it's in stock, so it should be available NOW!!! Not sure what "**Toyota Customers Only**" only means. Is that a feature that only applies to Toyota Customers, or only Toyota Customers are allowed to order it.

Come to think of it, I am a Toyota Customer, I have a non-plugin 2002 Prius. So maybe I can order it! :)

Couldn't get chat or the phone to answer. I did manage to get it in my shopping cart and starting the checkout. I didn't actually check out since I'd get the 320 model (6.6 kW) if I get a second EVSE. During the order process it didn't ask if I was a Toyota Customer. Just added it to my cart, no worries. The page can't be found under the Electric Vehicle category or by seraching for Evr-Green or several other searches I tried. How did you find the link?

The phone answered 15 minutes later and they said the official word is "No availability yet, No pricing". He didn't even know about the website page or was playin dumb. Fellow was mildy abrupt and not offering any help or additional information. Maybe he didn't want me to know what he didn't know, which I would have found out if he kept talking! :eek: ;)

The price seems about right with installation included compared to the Ford branded Leviton 6.6 kW EVSE through Best Buy for $1499 with install.

If someone wants to try and order this, please let us know what happens!

Stumbled across URL by accident ;)

I don't think you can check out yet - it didn't let me proceed past "I Agree" and "Recalculate" - only showed "save for later"..

Maybe someone just used the CMS (content / catalog mgmt system) there and didn't make it public or hit the "publish" button yet so it's really waiting for internal approval there? Who knows.

At that price, the Schneider SquareD is cheaper list price and actual, and is available.

Incidentally, Southern California Edison mentioned they want to see a permanently attached EVSE to give you a better EV rate. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when /if I get an EVSE with a plug.

nuha said:
Stumbled across URL by accident ;)

I don't think you can check out yet - it didn't let me proceed past "I Agree" and "Recalculate" - only showed "save for later"..

Maybe someone just used the CMS (content / catalog mgmt system) there and didn't make it public or hit the "publish" button yet so it's really waiting for internal approval there? Who knows.

At that price, the Schneider SquareD is cheaper list price and actual, and is available.

Incidentally, Southern California Edison mentioned they want to see a permanently attached EVSE to give you a better EV rate. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when /if I get an EVSE with a plug.

I just tried it, added to the cart, with std shipping $1399.00, logged into my Leviton account went all they way through the process without actually placing the order, estimated the ship date would have been May 16-17. The website shows 2 images of the unit, one is the EVSE and the other is the pre-wire kit. It says that ** Toyota Customers only** includes EVSE, Pre-wire kit and installation of single circuit and charger but gives no further details or has options for this in the order process.

We are already wired for them at my work but we will wait until the dust settles

Folks,

Thanks for the active posting. The past few have been pretty interesting.

I still suspect marketing has gotten ahead of production and distribution.

I find it a bit puzzling that the link shows a somewhat odd price, "$1377.36". I could see $1400, $1200 or ????, but the one shown?

And the relationship with Toyota, another surprising point. The logistics are not yet in place to support this.

Some of these just don't add up. Plenty of speculation to go around.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn57

Glenn57 said:
Folks,

Thanks for the active posting. The past few have been pretty interesting.

I still suspect marketing has gotten ahead of production and distribution.

I find it a bit puzzling that the link shows a somewhat odd price, "$1377.36". I could see $1400, $1200 or ????, but the one shown?

And the relationship with Toyota, another surprising point. The logistics are not yet in place to support this.

Some of these just don't add up. Plenty of speculation to go around.

Have a great weekend.

Glenn57
The interesting one is the price with std shipping added to it is $1399.00

Very interesting posts on the Leviton charger availability. I hope this is not reflective of the real price they are hoping to release the charger at. Fortunately, all the links I had and can find on Google to the Leviton store do NOT indicate a price or delivery time. The real price should be guided by the fact that the Square D / Schneider (EV2430WS) and AV Nissan charger (EVSE-RS) are each $750, and are 30 or 32 amp chargers equal to the Leviton evr-green 320, which is still a ways off in the future. Presumably the cost of the smaller evr-green 160 (i.e., the EVB-22) should be $100-200 cheaper, minus the cost of the pre-install kit ($79). This should put the cost of the evr-green 160 somewhere in the $400-600 range. If it's above that, I'm going to rip out the pre-install kit, and go with one of the other aforementioned choices. Certainly $1399 is completely outrageous, and I'd be surprised if they tried to charge that.
It's been a frustrating wait for Leviton, and we've all seen many promised deadlines come and go for when they'd give a price, or an availability date; I'd love to know if they're having a production problem, or some squabble with the authorities about whether removable chargers meet or don't meet code (perhaps only applicable to outdoor / carport installations).

- Bob

P.S. - Fortunately, I'm fairly happy with the level 1 charging for the time being, so I can afford to sit tight for a few months, and hope this whole things works itself out.

The $1377.36 for the L 160 says it includes installation including wiring the outlet.
The cash and carry price of the L 160 should certainly be lower.

nuha said:
Is this for real?
http://store.leviton.com/Charging-Station-output-Standard-Install/dp/B004X6BNJO

Does "standard installation" mean it's device + electrician visit or does it mean "device with standard plug and hanging hardware"?

:ugeek:
I've been informed by Leviton in a PM that this was just a test, requesting me to delete the info here.

Let us just consider all this information just a test - and thus not official.

Hello Evnow,

As suspected, marketing got ahead of production & distribution.

I did talk with the local Leviton rep. He mentioned that the NY office is getting just hammered with calls from reps, distributors and consumers. Everyone's tryiing to get the inside track on pricing and release dates. I was told to cool my heels, "stand by to stand by".

So I'll chime in when more info is available. I had certainly hoped to have something more solid for you all by now.

Cheers!

Glenn57

From Chris at Leviton live chat (5/31/11):

Chris: ok, we do not have an official relase date as of now, we are aiming for the end of june early july, if you want I can take down your name, contact information and the area where you live and we will cantact you when we have more information.

AP1

you beat me to it: I was wondering if/when we were going to get an update on this one. Seems like we're in the "every month they delay it a month" syndrome. While I'm still a few months away from delivery, I'm beginning to think I may initially have to use the (upgraded) EVSE that comes with the Leaf.

the upgraded stock EVSE is looking like the best answer
competition is very slow in getting to the market
and pricing won't fall until it does

As soon as I can get the 16A upgrade, I will send mine in

Folks,

I've been off-line for awhile but thought I'd let you know that Leviton, as of today, is still not releasing any further information on the resi units. Very unfortunate that they're handling marketing of these units this way.

I'll post further info as I can get it.

Cheers !

Glenn57

I am hoping Leviton is changing the 160 to match the Ford co-branded 320.
Flush mount would be nice and add a click in holder :)
And go ahead and add some colors to match the cars ;)

Shall see in January what is available.

smkettner said:
Shall see in January what is available.

January? I hope it doesn't take that long to bring it to market. I for one hope they stick with the 160 model: it's all I need and SHOULD be lower cost than any 320-type model.

Back