leas"ers" cannot have personalized license plates - bummer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaduman

Perhaps others knew it - but it was a bummer for us :-(. Oh well. Not that it would have changed our plans of buying instead of leasing....

For those not knowing about it, California DMV asks whether the auto is leased/owned-by-govt, and if you answered yes, it states in red that you can't have personalized license plates.

no worries tho.
cheers

What the online tool says is that you can't apply ONLINE for a personalized plate that is leased or company-owned.

I know several people with leased LEAFs that have a personalized plate. You just need to fill out the reg17.pdf form, which is available here on the DMV website:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg17.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know what to fill in for the plate owner though. My plates for my leased LEAF came from Nissan - about 2 months into the lease, too... was getting frustrating looking like a dealer car and not an excited owner! But they appeared to be Nissan's plates, not mine. So how do I fill out the form...? I checked online and I found something I can get (but like everything great and lucky, I ain't sharing 'til it's on my car! :lol: :lol: ), just don't know what to do for that field.

Also, is there any way to track these things? I ordered sequential plates for my old (now stored and hoping to sell - <3 LEAF) car, but that was over 3 months ago, still no plates. AND I sent in the form for my carpool-lane sticker, heard nothing back there either...

Don't forget. You can order personalized EV Plate Frames too.

http://www.evplates.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That is you can "personally" select from a list of pretty good optional frame phrases and colors :)

I ordered 3 different ones that I rotate :D

This month I am using my Green one in honor of St Patrick's Day as he is the Patron Saint of "Electrical" Engineers :lol: It says "Take this Car and Plug it"

FalconFour said:
Also, is there any way to track these things? I ordered sequential plates for my old (now stored and hoping to sell - <3 LEAF) car, but that was over 3 months ago, still no plates. AND I sent in the form for my carpool-lane sticker, heard nothing back there either...

Call the CA DMV hotline at 1-800-777-0133 and insist that they call the field office that you requested to have the plates sent to. I never got notices that my plates were in because my address got truncated. My plates were suppose to come in November, I ended up getting them a week ago... just before they were going to send them back so they had to "re-enter them into the system." I ordered them in August. :shock:

A total cluster for sure, but I eventually got CHADEMO as my vanity plate! :mrgreen:

Aye, but the ones I ordered (for my old gas-guzzling clunker) were sequential plates, turning in my customized ones - the other way around :lol: So they might be sent to the place I requested 'em at, but I didn't fill out a location for them, I don't think...

Also really hate using the phone - see my rant on PSTN DS0 quality here and a more technical explanation here. I guess I'll call 'em if I have to, but I hate trying to hear people on the phone. They've really got to put some kind of tracking online...

FalconFour said:
Aye, but the ones I ordered (for my old gas-guzzling clunker) were sequential plates, turning in my customized ones - the other way around :lol: So they might be sent to the place I requested 'em at, but I didn't fill out a location for them, I don't think...

Er whoops, sequential plates are sent to your house. So don't pick up the phone, less you be subject to that dreadful 8kHz sample rate. ;)

JeremyW said:
Er whoops, sequential plates are sent to your house. So don't pick up the phone, less you be subject to that dreadful 8kHz sample rate. ;)
Actually, you have no idea how not even kidding you are. :lol: 8KHz is so 1980! Can't stand it! :ugeek:

Back