Leaf Won't Start

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjarmel

So I've had the Leaf from December 1st. Noticed a few quirks, such as dash lights on for no apparent reason only to go off and cause me not to take the car to the dealer. Today the car was fully charged took it out to my ranch, parked for a few hours, and then went back home. When I parked in the garage and shut the car off, it made a loud to faint squeal, like a very long beep that eventually went away after a couple of minutes. Went inside and left it for a few hours. Came back and the car would not start. No lights on the dash, key fob would not lock/unlock doors, nothing, DEAD. Plugged in the charger, nothing, no blue light, nothing. Unplugged it, waited a few minuted, plugged it back in, started charging, unplugged it, car started. Ran my errand, came back in the garage, same thing, loud squeal, won't start. Either going to get it to start in the morning, or will have it towed to the dealer.

Thoughts???

Took the Leaf to the Nissan dealer in Valencia, CA (very friendly and helpful staff) and it was diagnosed as a loose negative wire connection to battery terminal. Seems to work fine now.

gjarmel said:
Took the Leaf to the Nissan dealer in Valencia, CA (very friendly and helpful staff) and it was diagnosed as a loose negative wire connection to battery terminal. Seems to work fine now.
Appreciate the feedback.

That is good/bad news. Good that it was an easy fix, bad that the car left the factory or a pre-delivery service with a defect.

Bill

There is a free DC quick charger at the Cracker Barrel off of I-40 at exit 219 near the airport. It may be the closest quick charger for those actually in Nashville.

Is the quick charger at Nissan not a Blink network charger? It does show up on my Blink app.

----–--------------------

Ignore the above.......posted in wrong thread. :?

Back