Leaf technicians not available

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksnogas2112

So reading through the posts it seems that when anyone has to take the car in for warranty work it seems they have to wait for a technician to arrive on site at the dealer. Does anyone have an explanation or experience? The dealer I'm buying from had their lead mechanic just return from Leaf training last week and the rest of them are going in stages. Is that unusual?

ksnogas2112 said:
So reading through the posts it seems that when anyone has to take the car in for warranty work it seems they have to wait for a technician to arrive on site at the dealer. Does anyone have an explanation or experience? The dealer I'm buying from had their lead mechanic just return from Leaf training last week and the rest of them are going in stages. Is that unusual?
In order for a dealership to become "Leaf Certified" or approved or whatever you want to call it, they must have a vehicle technician that has gone through official Leaf training.

For example, my primary dealership only has one certified technician and he doesn't work on Saturday or Sunday, so I'm stuck bringing my car in during the week to have anything done. If I needed weekend work done, I would be stuck calling around to the other Nissan dealers.

Reddy said:
Same here. One tech, and none on the weekends. Small town, only 10 leafs sold.
Still puts your town ahead of the pack. 10 Leafs for 60,000 people (per Census) would be equivalent to 50,000 Leafs for the whole U.S. population (300 million). You guys are pulling your weight! :mrgreen:

I think in my case (couldn't DC quick charge) they were flown in just because it was an unusual and new problem specific to the Leaf. Of course I could have just double checked all the connectors and found the bent pin myself if I had thought to look...

I've got a meeting with "the engineer" next week. I guess this happens when the local guys reach a dead-end. My impression is that Nissan really wants this car to succeed and wants detailed info when something odd is happening in the field. If it has been a Versa, they might have told me to pound salt by now. :roll:

My experience was pretty good, not like any other car...
My dealer (Stadium Nissan of Seattle) has a "certified" mechanic aka "Leaf guy", I chatted with him on some occasions, and was always available on the same day. When I had brake (the brake priming after sitting in the car without starting it) question/problem they summoned Nissan engineer that looked at the car and explained what's going on. For that I had to wait few days. But funny part was that the Nissan engineer contacted me after I wrote on this forum, even before I went to the dealer! So we had a chat on the phone before, and then after few days he looked at the car.
But for regular maintenance, it's top notch (so far only one hiccup when they forgot to put Leaf on charger when I was leaving it with them for a full day)!

The dealership that I went to has two, but they alternate days and one or the other is available just one Saturday per month.

Back