Leaf spy outside temp reading

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie

Hi forum,

I've noticed the external temperature on the leaf heads-up display is often significantly different to the 'Outside Temp' shown on LeafSPY. Does anyone know why these are different? Rolling averages, different temp sensors, etc?

TimLee said:
Only one sensor.
For some strange reason Nissan software puts in significant time delays for the eyebrow display.

Good to know, thanks for the info. I've seen differences of 12 degrees between the two. I suspect the Leaf time delay (presumably a moving average) doesn't recognize time where the vehicle is switched off.

In order for the sensor to read accurately you need lots of airflow through the grill. The stuff behind the sensor can get hot. The charger and the AC radiator. This gives abnormal high readings if the car is not moving or if the radiator fans are not running. I expect this is the reason Nissan puts in the big delay.

Thanks,
Dan

Danl said:
In order for the sensor to read accurately you need lots of airflow through the grill. The stuff behind the sensor can get hot. The charger and the AC radiator. This gives abnormal high readings if the car is not moving or if the radiator fans are not running. I expect this is the reason Nissan puts in the big delay.

Thanks,
Dan
Agree that was what Nissan was thinking.

But even though the LEAF does have heat sources, the sensor reading stays pretty accurate with ambient temperature.

Putting in the time delay was mostly a carryover from ICE experience.

Back