Leaf S timer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanley

Apparently one can not set a starting time for charging the S model. Is there a way of getting around this?

Perhaps not, but what is the motivation to have a start timer on the S? The way I read the manual, it offers an end timer and a setting for how far to charge which affects both the timer and the timer override. The end timer is the best practice for most charging. If you want to charge immediately, simply press the timer override button. If I am wrong about the setting for how far it charges also affecting the timer override, then I agree a start timer would be useful.

(FWIW, on ALL other versions of the LEAF I can see a motivation to have a start timer.)

RegGuheert, thank you for your reply. When one sets the end timer, when does the charger start charging? Is there a delay to the start of charging inorder for the amount of time it takes to charge to match up with the end time?

newownermnl
Please have a look at an older thread to see if it's applicable to your use case: How to set the start charge time on a 2013 S model?

stanley said:
RegGuheert, thank you for your reply. When one sets the end timer, when does the charger start charging?
It starts however many hours it calculates is required for charging to complete before the end time.
stanley said:
Is there a delay to the start of charging inorder for the amount of time it takes to charge to match up with the end time?
That depends. Many people who use L1 charging have said that charging always starts immediately when they use an end timer. It is not clear why this is. But with L2, it shouldn't start until it needs to.
surfingslovak said:
newownermnl
Please have a look at an older thread to see if it's applicable to your use case: How to set the start charge time on a 2013 S model?
I'm not sure the information there is correct, at least for L2 charging. Perhaps stanley can confirm.

RegGuheert said:
surfingslovak said:
newownermnl
I'm not sure the information there is correct, at least for L2 charging. Perhaps stanley can confirm.
I'm not sure what information you are doubting from that thread, Reg. Certainly bobsfreeleaf made some statements that turned out not to be correct, but if you read to the end of the thread he realized what his problem was and explained it well.

Ray

planet4ever said:
I'm not sure what information you are doubting from that thread, Reg. Certainly bobsfreeleaf made some statements that turned out not to be correct, but if you read to the end of the thread he realized what his problem was and explained it well.
Thanks for the clarification, Ray. Somehow I missed the second page of that thread.

Still, there have been numerous reports here that L1 charging starts IMMEDIATELY on 2011/2012 models, even with just and end timer set. It's easy to dismiss that by saying it takes a long time to charge, but some of the cases did not seem to fit that scenario. I wonder if the 2013 might also do something similar (L1 only)?

Back