LEAF news: Future Lower Pricing(?), V2H, Wireless Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KeiJidosha said:
hill said:
Gee - I wander why they never mention the per centage of power loss.
"The electromagnetic induction unit is said to be 80 to 90 percent efficient and able to charge at rates between 3 and 6 kWs"

Efficiency depends on alignment, and I'm guessing 3.3Kw is the number between 3 and 6kW.

GM was partnering with someone on induction charging that had efficiencies approaching the mid 90's

TLeaf said:
The part I wonder about is, why did they set up the demonstrator such that you need to back into the parking space to "connect"? Given the frequency that our rear-view camera needs to be cleaned, I wouldn't trust my car to backing up into most parking stalls..

I think Nissan could just extend the wire to the induction unit thats on the
floor under the car "so that the unit is under the rear of the car" instead of under the front,
so that drivers could just drive in forward instead of back-in to park all the time.
This way drivers could just drive straight into a parking spot & not have to back in.
(no one likes to back into their personal garage at home everyday.)

But I agree the "front tire parking-stop charger" that you drive forward to until
your front tires touch the parking-stop would be the most useful method
of all methods. Parking-stops made into a standard configuration would charge all EV's
from all car companys, especially since drivers would all simply drive up until your front
tires bump the parking stop forcing a perfect coil alignment every time drivers
drive up to park with ease & is the best way to go about wireless charging even
if the parking-stop would have to be as large as the one Nissan showed in its demo wireless charger.

Back