Leaf from Japan $$

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonewild

If the Leaf is a big hit, does anyone think with limited quanitys and made in Japan would they be more collectable then made in the USA?

50,000 (estimated Japan production before Tennesse comes on line) is hardly "limited production". I expect the "newer, better" to be valued higher than the Gen1 Leafs.

There might be some cache in having one of the first delivered, but I'd think that would be about it. UNLESS the ones built in Tenn are truly horrible, quality-wise, when compared to the Japan built ones. But I don't think any of us want to see that. :shock:

kingwindwardnissan said:
just hope that the us quality is on par...thats about all most will be concerned about.
I know that Japan workers are very detailed workers so this is a new car they will be built well I hope.

kingwindwardnissan said:
not concerned about the japan built vehicles..... its the 2012 us built ones

Nissan's Smyrna built cars are fine. Back in 2004 they had some issues with the vehicles coming out of Canton, Mississippi - but they had the deck stacked against them. New vehicles, being built in a new plant, by people that had never built trucks before. All of those issues have been resolved now. But don't take my word for it. The Altima (built in Smyrna) has been JD Power's Best Initial Quality award winner for midsize cars. This award is for fewest problems in the first 90 days of ownership, so I think LEAF production will probably be fine.

Back