Leaf Baby !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

We had our first baby last week. We brought her home in my Leaf. She has had 3 rides so far in the Leaf. Not sure whether she will ever ride in an ICE any time soon ... hopefully by the time she is ready to drive, ICE will be as old fashioned as a blackberry.

leaf-baby-sm.png

Wonder who else got their baby from the hospital in a Leaf ...

congratulations!

If you do decide to put the car seat in the middle seat (no latch, use the belts!) watch out of the sculpted bench - it can get a little tippy there. It is probably most noticeable for booster seats (you've got a few years before that!) than installed seats.

evnow said:
We had our first baby last week. We brought her home in my Leaf. She has had 3 rides so far in the Leaf. Not sure whether she will ever ride in an ICE any time soon ... hopefully by the time she is ready to drive, ICE will be as old fashioned as a blackberry.

Congratulations, and that's a great thought. By the time she's driving age, kids will probably wrinkle their noses when having to ride in a clunky old ICE car.

Congratulations to everyone!

I didn't bring a new baby home from the hospital, but I did bring my mom home after a 17 day stay following complications from surgery (the LEAF was the easiest car on hand for her to get in and out of with her new rebuilt back):

421810_3454934047175_1085534847_3677210_814563081_n.jpg

P.S. The hospital parking deck had a ton of 120V outlets so I got a lot of charging for those 2.5 weeks--I didn't even charge at home for an entire week!

Our "baby" is much bigger. And she's the reason for the camo-pattern seat covers from Wet Okole. They sort of fit the LEAF theme, I think :)

Attachments

• bixleaf.jpg
    bixleaf.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 124
Congratulations, evnow. I hope that you and your wife are getting some rest.

Our two year old granddaughter rides regularly in the LEAF's back seat, in the center section, with her parents on either side when we all go out together. When she turned two years old, we flipped her seat to the forward facing direction using the rear LATCH connector on the back of the rear seat, which opened up a whole new world for her. She's now learned to tell us when to stop and when to go because she can see the traffic lights. It's a big help. :lol:

Congrats! My two young boys are my inspiration for "doing the right thing". Thinking that our kids will grow up with so many more options gives me hope.

Enjoy the journey!

Back