Last Main Battery Check/Test was 2014 June.... It is now 2016. Is my battery pack warranty done for?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NissanLeafCamper

When to the dealer and asked the question for my used 2013 nissan leaf....

The last time in record that they did the battery check was in 2014 of June...

It is now 2016 May....

I got my leaf in 2015 of July.....

Is my big battery warranty done for? What can I do now?

Get a pack test now, and don't worry about it unless it fails. The "test" was probably originally to track pack reliability, but now it's mostly to make money for the dealers, once the warranty is up. I just got my car back from the last service before the warranty ends. They told me they did the test, but gave me no printout and didn't charge me for one. I'm not worried.

It shouldn't matter, since it is purely diagnostic, not actually maintenance, and does not have any effect on the operation of the car. I doubt they will attempt to deny a warranty based on that.

THing is that I believe I read one or two posts here that you need to do the battery test check to keep the warranty for the battery good. I find it a little odd that it would void the warranty, but that is what I recall doing.

What happens if it fails the battery check? I didn't even know that was a possibility. Would I then be in trouble? I mean, my leaf runs and it is only a one bar loser .

There is no pass or fail.

There are people who have had their battery replaced under warranty that have not had all annual checks done. There is federal law that regulates how vehicle warranties work. It is doubtful they could legally deny anyone a battery capacity warranty replacement just because they did not get a battery diagnostic done. But if it gives you peace of mind, go for it.

Back