Lance Armstrong ad

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, me too. The burning question is, next year will we see Nissan Leafs performing support vehicle duty for team Radio Shack? ;)

BTW, welcome to the forum!

johnr said:
Yeah, me too. The burning question is, next year will we see Nissan Leafs performing support vehicle duty for team Radio Shack? ;)

BTW, welcome to the forum!

I was really expecting to see at least one of the pre-production vehicles put into service. Well there are quite a few stages left....

KeiJidosha said:
You won't see the LEAF at the Tour. I hate to point this out, but it doesn’t have the range to complete a stage (time-trials excepted).

They just need a Leaf "relay" :)

KeiJidosha said:
You won't see the LEAF at the Tour. I hate to point this out, but it doesn’t have the range to complete a stage (time-trials excepted).
Actually, at a fairly constant 20-30 mph, I would expect the Leaf to have just enough juice to make it on the longer stages as long as they don't need to use AC or heat. Mountain stages would also likely be an issue... Another 25% pack capacity would eliminate any range anxiety, though.

The Tesla can do over 350 miles in those conditions, but it's official range is only 245 miles.

drees said:
Another 25% pack capacity would eliminate any range anxiety, though.

I'd expect Nissan can easily double the capacity by adding packs in the trunk if need be ..

BTW, I've to say it is a nice ad. Made purely from the POV of a biker ... wonder who came up with the idea.

My sister called today, from Ohio, to tell me about this ad. I watched a replay on the Versus channel tonight and the commercial came on. The LEAF looked a bit fake - maybe computer generated??

We were suppose to go to France on vacation last month - would have been my first trip to Europe - but I have to have back surgery this Monday. I have been in too much pain to take a long trip. Injured myself at work over two years ago. Nothing helped much, then when the second neurosurgeon recommended a simple surgery, the worker's comp insurance company said no. I had to fight with them and threaten an attorney for six months for them to finally approve it.
Who says we don't need health insurance reform??

Lovely scenery from the helicopter - maybe next June we will go.

Back