L1 Vs L2 chargeing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Every time I plug in my L1 cord the car starts charging even if the timers are turned off.. Does the L1 charge cord behave differently that the L2 cord I use every day

Anyone know why this is happening???"

thanks

If the timers are turned off, the car is supposed to start charging as soon as you plug in.

There is no difference in behavior between L1 and L2, except for one thing. If you set up a timer with only an end time, the car chooses when to start charging in order to be done before the end time. With L1, the car will start much earlier because the car recognizes that it will take longer to finish.

If you expect help, you should really give more details.

I tried it both ways and it always starts on L1. I do have end time only set. However the timer is set to 80% and I plugged in L1 21 hours before the end time with a 75% charge on the car.. I certainly did not expect it to start charging 21 hours early to add 5%

69800 said:
I tried it both ways and it always starts on L1. I do have end time only set. However the timer is set to 80% and I plugged in L1 21 hours before the end time with a 75% charge on the car.. I certainly did not expect it to start charging 21 hours early to add 5%

Which timer was set for 80% and end time? Your original post implied no timers were on. The timer must be set and turned on to have it delay charging and stop at 80%.

Gerry

Back