Just lost 2nd bar today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went into the shop to try to get them to apply a NTSB that I thought would get rid of the annoying "Okay" button ... turns out it was already applied and hasn't help a lick.

However they told me that my car has a battery capacity warranty up to 60K or 5 years. I thought that already having had my battery replaced by the previous owner I would not be eligible but they seemed to think I was.

I'm in Arizona and I'm driving a used 2011 Leaf that I purchased with 28K miles in Feb 2014 and a brand new battery (assuming not the Lizard battery).

I now have 52K miles on the car and have just lost my second range bar. My guess is that I'm not going to be able to lose the extra 2 bars in the next 8K miles or before May 2016. :shock: :?

Any ideas on how to push the car to lose 2 bars in 8K miles when it seems that it is taking me around 12K miles to kill off a range bar.
(I'm sure there is no method to this madness). :D

Given it took 19 months to lose 21% of "fresh" capacity I don't think you're going to drop 13-15% more in just 8. If you want to take your chances the best recipe seems to be to keep the battery hot and full, so drive fast, QC often, keep the battery full, and let the car bake in the sun. However if I were you I'd start babying the battery instead if your intention is to keep the car long time.

glecko said:
... My guess is that I'm not going to be able to lose the extra 2 bars in the next 8K miles or before May 2016. :shock: :?
Probably hard to do even in Arizona.
If you have a heated garage that you keep toasty and a dynamometer to run the LEAF at high kW it might happen ;)

Back