lost 2 bars on my 2017 SB with 42,300 miles.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nissanleaf23

I purchased certified Nissan leaf 2017 SB with 39650 miles about 3 month. It lost 1 bar of battery right after I purchased it. It lost another bar 9/25/20 when I drove it this morning at around 42,300 miles. I only have 10 bars now šŸ˜± Should I be concerned about it ?

Nissanleaf23 said:
I purchased certified Nissan leaf 2017 SB with 39650 miles about 3 month. It lost 1 bar of battery right after I purchased it. It lost another bar 9/25/20 when I drove it this morning at around 42,300 miles. I only have 10 bars now šŸ˜± Should I be concerned about it ?

Yes. The Battery Management System (BMS) was reset on the car, either to falsely show more capacity bars than it had, or as a part of a BMS software update. Losing more than one bar in a matter of months doesn't happen for any other reason unless you are baking the car in an oven. Whoever sold you the car should be compelled to take it back. The good news is that if you can't return it, it may become eligible for a free 40kwh battery in the next couple of years.

Back