Just got buy back letter from Town North Nissan 3/28-3/30

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrIanB

The dealer here in Austin, Texas where I bought both of my Leafs sent me a buy back offer from 3/28-3/30. It basically says to contact either of the managers to bring the car in for visual inspection and offer. They are offering exchange for new 2013 Nissan truck, SUV or car. Town north is now aggressively acquiring per-owned Nissan vehicles and we need your vehicle to fill specific needs in our used inventory. Our records indicate that you own one of these needed vehicles and our managers have been authorized to buy back your current vehicle. We feel you can make this exchange with little or no out of pocket expenses and w a monthly payment that fits your budget.

May go by just to see what they offer. I love going looking at new cars even if I don't buy.

Ian B

I get them all of the time. It is a sales tactic to get you into the dealership where they can weave their mathematical mumbo jumbo to sell you a new car. They will not give you market value but trade-in value. Good luck.

Yep, It's like every car dealer you ever approach. They come running out and say, "Hey I have a customer that's looking for a used (insert your model/year car here) I'll make you a great deal."

Yeah..........Right.

MrIanB said:
The dealer here in Austin, Texas where I bought both of my Leafs sent me a buy back offer from 3/28-3/30. It basically says to contact either of the managers to bring the car in for visual inspection and offer.
Those are just generic form letters. They send them out to EVERYONE whether they are really interested in your pre-owned car or not. It is just a ploy to get people to the dealer. You will not receive any better deal as a result of this letter than anyone who just happens to drop by the dealer on a whim.

mikeEmike said:
No harm in seeing what they offer, but don't get your hopes up that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. :)

Yup - dealers are in the business of making money even if not always clearly presented that way to those whose money they are trying to take.

Remember, never say "this time it's different." :eek: Well, I talked with a friend who buys used cars for a dealership. He's seeing a significant reduction in the number of cars available at auction, probably due to Hurricane Sandy or the economy, or what ever. After the March 2011 earthquake, he came into work one Monday morning and the prices on all models had jumped $1000-$2000. I don't know what it is, but the used car market is "tighter" than normal (except maybe the used Leafs).

Ok, went by the dealer and they offered $19,500 for my SL 2011 w 10,355 miles. Seemed in line w KBB and higher compared to some postings recently seen here. I thanked him and walked away. They had about 10 2013 Leafs in stock.

Ian B

From KBB:

Excellent
$19,425
Very Good
$19,075
Good
$18,325
Fair
$16,425
Verify Condition

Back