June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lannierose said:
By the way, I saw on one of the forums, "Don't buy red, you'll never get it." Well, mine is red.

That thread you saw on this forum was for LEAFs AFTER the earthquake, and they (cayenne and blue) may have a 30-90 day delay for those ordering in May. Your car was manufactured BEFORE the earthquake/tsunami so there were no problems with color for those.

LEAFfan said:
Lannierose said:
Picked up my LEAF today...snip...By the way, I saw on one of the forums, "Don't buy red, you'll never get it." Well, mine is red.

That thread you saw on this forum was for LEAFs AFTER the earthquake, and they (cayenne and blue) may have a 30-90 day delay for those ordering in May. Your car was manufactured BEFORE the earthquake/tsunami so there were no problems with color for those.
If he just got his car today, it was almost certainly manufactured AFTER the Tsunami. Manufacture to delivery is something like 4-6 weeks I thought.

gbshaun said:
LEAFfan said:
Lannierose said:
Picked up my LEAF today...snip...By the way, I saw on one of the forums, "Don't buy red, you'll never get it." Well, mine is red.

If he just got his car today, it was almost certainly manufactured AFTER the Tsunami. Manufacture to delivery is something like 4-6 weeks I thought.

No, there were 1500 LEAFs manufactured and put on ships before the earthquake. I doubt very seriously that his was after. They still haven't delivered all the LEAFs from those two earlier ships.

LEAFfan said:
gbshaun said:
LEAFfan said:

No, there were 1500 LEAFs manufactured and put on ships before the earthquake. I doubt very seriously that his was after. They still haven't delivered all the LEAFs from those two earlier ships.

VIN is 4249, if that helps.

That is good news to me, Lannierose. I have a red one, VIN# 4074, so maybe mine will not be too far behind. The way the delivery dates have been going I was guessing that mine was in Long Beach waiting on mudflaps/floor mats. Everytime it came to the top of the queue, they would be missing something and send it to the back of the line again.

What options did you get?

SeaAir said:
That is good news to me, Lannierose. I have a red one, VIN# 4074, so maybe mine will not be too far behind.
Our orders seem to be riding the same yo-yo in the Nissan delivery scheduling room.
Of course, I will apply the Nissan Universal Time (NUT) calculator which will take into account the fact that my order was placed earlier and that I am closer to the port of entry than SeaAir (Lannierose is moot) and therefore I will probably be the last to Leaf.
Whenever it happens, it will be nice to finally be a true member of the "motoring" public vs. the "engining(?)" public.

For what it's worth, my dashboard has held steady for more than a few days at week of June 24th. The electrician is coming out tomorrow to install the charger.

Add me (reserve 4/21/10, order 9/9/10) to the yo-yo list. Delivery 4/15>week of 6/14>changed 2 days ago on db to week of 6/21. My delivery date of "week of 6/14" had held steady for quite a while, and even my dealer said it was a sure thing. He hasn't a clue. Of course, my car is complicated: floor mats and mud flaps. What a jerk-around. Had my AV charger installed 6/9 and even bought a hefty 12G extension cord, since I intend to trickle charge at work*. If they keep delaying this miracle, I think the cord could be used to strangle a bunch of people.

*BTW, the AV installer commented that for those who intend to take the Nissan L1 charging cord and adapt it for 240V, beware. Changing the fuse and otherwise changing the plug doesn't change the basic wiring and capacity of the cord, and overheating and even fires are possible, threatening safety and warranty. For the small gain in recharging speed, I think I will stay with 120V. A good 12G, 15 amp extension cord (mine is a Rigid, from Home Depot) not longer than 50' will recharge me to at least 80% during an 8hr day.

[Add me (reserve 4/21/10, order 9/9/10) to the yo-yo list. Delivery 4/15>week of 6/14>changed 2 days ago on db to week of 6/21. My delivery date of "week of 6/14" had held steady for quite a while, and even my dealer said it was a sure thing. He hasn't a clue. Of course, my car is complicated: floor mats and mud flaps. What a jerk-around. Had my AV charger installed 6/9 and even bought a hefty 12G extension cord, since I intend to trickle charge at work*. If they keep delaying this miracle, I think the cord could be used to strangle a bunch of people. ]

With you on the cord.. :D

704hov1095 said:
*BTW, the AV installer commented that for those who intend to take the Nissan L1 charging cord and adapt it for 240V, beware. Changing the fuse and otherwise changing the plug doesn't change the basic wiring and capacity of the cord, and overheating and even fires are possible, threatening safety and warranty. For the small gain in recharging speed, I think I will stay with 120V. A good 12G, 15 amp extension cord (mine is a Rigid, from Home Depot) not longer than 50' will recharge me to at least 80% during an 8hr day.
Total and complete FUD, but consider the source. Plus it doubles the charging rate (even more for rev2), hardly a "small" gain. Also, 8hrs of L1 won't even charge half the LEAF's capacity. That said, PLEASE don't upgrade your L1 if you're even the slightest bit concerned.

With my 30 mile commute each way in mind, I have been told if I trickle charge 8 hrs @ L1, my half-depleted battery will be back to 80% at the end of the day, more than enough to get me home without range anxiety. I have posted before that I sail in the hov lane in south OC, and speeds are 75-80 coming in, 70-75 going home, so I need the recharge, especially if I have some short commutes added on during the work day. I will try L1, and if it works for me, will not alter the L1 cord.

After a final week of trying to get CS or Brandon Jones to escalate my concerns with my Pollen Car, I made one last call to CS to cancel my order. I'm done. Keep an eye out for VIN 2051 and I hope it gets one of you into a car sooner.

I'll be selling my Wet Okole seat covers on the forum as soon as they arrive. They're charcole/grey with half piping and 'Leaf' in charcole.

LineJumper Jim, over and out :)

704hov1095 said:
With my 30 mile commute each way in mind, I have been told if I trickle charge 8 hrs @ L1, my half-depleted battery will be back to 80% at the end of the day, more than enough to get me home without range anxiety. I have posted before that I sail in the hov lane in south OC, and speeds are 75-80 coming in, 70-75 going home, so I need the recharge, especially if I have some short commutes added on during the work day. I will try L1, and if it works for me, will not alter the L1 cord.
Yes, I would say that 8 hours would get you to 80% starting from 50%, maybe more. It would not get you from 0-80%, which is how I interpreted your initial post..

HIOJim said:
After a final week of trying to get CS or Brandon Jones to escalate my concerns with my Pollen Car, I made one last call to CS to cancel my order. I'm done. Keep an eye out for VIN 2051 and I hope it gets one of you into a car sooner.

I'll be selling my Wet Okole seat covers on the forum as soon as they arrive. They're charcole/grey with half piping and 'Leaf' in charcole.

Sorry to hear that, but your wait was only 5 months. Would you have lost the $5K CA rebate?

LEAFfan said:
HIOJim said:

Sorry to hear that, but your wait was only 5 months. Would you have lost the $5K CA rebate?

I may be right behind you, Hiojim..........Nissan Chat CS actually hung up on me this morning when I politely asked if they could tell me where my vehicle was presently located. (I gave them the VIN,) They've been telling me for weeks now, that it was sitting at the port, all ready to ship, "waiting for transport". I guess it takes a superhuman effort to transport a Leaf 75 miles from the port to my dealer here in SAN. Now, if I lose the CA rebate, which looks more likely by the hour, I may have to create another Orphan. Gotta go talk to my credit union again and see what can be done. I'm retired, on a fixed income; so there's not much wiggle room financially.

Oh well..... :( :( :( :( :(

derkraut said:
Nissan Chat CS actually hung up on me this morning when I politely asked if they could tell me where my vehicle was presently located.
Interesting, dk, I got the same hang up on the same morning for the same question! Let the conspiracy theories begin... :) :)

Glenn

HIOJim said:

LOL, Line jumper Jim sorry to hear you have not jumped enough.

704hov1095 said:
That's almost my exact same scenario, except my speeds were 70-75 to work, and 65-70 going home, and in the HOV lanes both ways. While it still may be 'possible' for me to 'work' that commute using L1, I learned very soon after my first day commuting 60 mi. RT in the Leaf that I would have to be tethered to L1 at both ends just to eek by. Yours will be that much more difficult at your higher (desired) freeway speeds. As a result, I am getting my EVSE upgraded to 240V charging using Ingineer's EVSE Rev2 upgrade. And, will soon have a 240v outlet added to the garage for home charging. Though I could get away with just L2 charging at at least one end, I decided no more L1 for me, especially since there are cost effective alternatives for L2 charging, namely Ingineer's EVSE Rev2 upgrade.

You could get L1 to work in your scenario. Just depends on how patient you are, if you plan to keep driving at 75-80 mph, and if you don't mind being plugged into L1 every hour that you are not driving (or thereabouts). At best, L1 will be limiting for your type of commute. For me, I realized I'm not as patient as I thought I'd be. Now that I have my car, I want to drive it as much as possible. L1 trickle-charging just makes that harder to do. :cool:

Also, don't forget that freeway speeds will not afford you 100 mi. per 100% charge. So, the 8 hr. L1 for your 30 mi. OW commute at ~75+ speeds could be a mis-underestimation. You can find the full-charge range vs. speed estimates elsewhere on this forum. However, if you are able to maintain using solely L1 for your specific commute, then I would be interested to hear how it works out for you.

Another June delivery delivered - picked it up last night. For reference, dashboard went from month of june to week of june 9th when I got my vin in late May, then to week of june 16th around the 2nd or 3rd of june, then backed up to week of june 15th and then week of june 14th over the next few days. It then delivered to the dealership on June 11th and they didn't tell me until yesterday (June 13th).

Back