June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HIOJim said:
My "Week of" field has been stuck on 'May 6th' for over three months. This morning it changed to 'June 24th'. Mine is a 'Pollen Car' and has been down in Long Beach since March 22. I called CS but they could offer no additional information about what the change signifies. :eek:

Spreadsheet update request has been sent, sig updated as well.

My Leaf is at the Dealer getting a "Cut and Rub" to the paint to try and fix the after affects of being in LB for 2 months. They agreed that it was a problem and were willing to do the job. I will post when I get it back today to see if the problem is fixed.

downeykp said:
My Leaf is at the Dealer getting a "Cut and Rub" to the paint to try and fix the after affects of being in LB for 2 months. They agreed that it was a problem and were willing to do the job. I will post when I get it back today to see if the problem is fixed.
Yes, please let us know how it looks after the process.

downeykp said:
My question would be whether the problem is due to being in LB for 2 months, or whether being in LB for 2 months was due to the problem (with pollen). In other words, is this pollen damage that wasn't or couldn't be repaired properly?

HIOJim said:
My "Week of" field has been stuck on 'May 6th' for over three months. This morning it changed to 'June 24th'. Mine is a 'Pollen Car' and has been down in Long Beach since March 22. I called CS but they could offer no additional information about what the change signifies. :eek:

Spreadsheet update request has been sent, sig updated as well.

My date also changed this morning to "week of June 24th" after it was "week of June 20th" for a couple days. Maybe there is a truck comming this way that week. Any other OR, WA deliveries changed to week of 24th?

Today 6/9: Back to Week of June 13, still no e-mails from Nissan

6/8: Week of June 16.

6/3: Week of June 13.

6/2: went from week of June 14 to week of June 15 and the Owners Portal opened up.

Ha! And look what just showed up in my inbox from Nissan!

Lannie, the excitement of driving a part of automotive history is almost here! Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon. Once you take delivery of the vehicle, your initial $99 reservation fee will be refunded. If you have any further questions about the delivery process, just contact your Nissan Dealer.

Santa Cruz Nissan
1616 Soquel Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
(831) 426-5100

Thanks again for your support of the Nissan LEAF.

gbshaun said:
ahagge said:
If only all of us in CA could get pushed back by a few weeks, we could all take advantage of the sales tax & license fee drop AND still have a chance at the $5,000 rebate. As is it looks like one or the other... :roll:
OK, everyone in CA. let's ALL agree not to purchase our leafs until July 1st, even if they arrive before then. Everyone in?

I just got pushed back from 06/23 to 06/28, so I'll likely be in... :x

Res: 4/20
RAQ: 10/27
Est: March->April->Pending->June->WO June 17 (on 5/28) ->WO June 20 (today)

Hope the change means something good!

Pushed back from week of 6/17 - week of 6/24.
No contact from Nissan (since 7/2010). Just noticed my dashboard had changed.

C-S said it's "at the port" and the delay is because it's "waiting for accessories". The only ones I'd (foolishly?) ordered were the floor mats.
I did try asking if we could simply forget those and get the car sent down here, but of course he couldn't do that.

Fair chance those mats may be the tipping point and add over $2500 to the cost of the vehicle. The CA Rebate claims have picked up steam the past couple of days and the pool will be depleted well before the end of the month :-(

gbshaun said:
Sometimes the date get pushed back a week when they release the car to the dealer. I have a friend who has a similar VIN who picked his car up this week. Hopefully this is what is happening and you'll have your car soon.

SanDust said:
gbshaun said:
Sometimes the date get pushed back a week when they release the car to the dealer. I have a friend who has a similar VIN who picked his car up this week. Hopefully this is what is happening and you'll have your car soon.

Agreed. Here was my dashboard sequence.

Week of June 3
Week of June 10
Week of June 9
Week of June 8
Delivery on June 7 -- within the original "week of June 3" prognostication.

Just to clearify, it is my understanding that the Oregon/Washington cars go by train to Portland and then by Truck to dealers in both states. Thus the explanation of why so many Oregon/Washington cars will be delivered week of June 24th. Cars with similar range vin numbers in California are schedule about 10 days earlier.

youngr3 said:
Just to clearify, it is my understanding that the Oregon/Washington cars go by train to Portland and then by Truck to dealers in both states. Thus the explanation of why so many Oregon/Washington cars will be delivered week of June 24th. Cars with similar range vin numbers in California are schedule about 10 days earlier.
It's my understanding that WA cars go to Bellevue by rail and then from there on truck but don't quote me.

Wheee! Just got my dealer call, I'm picking up my red LEAF on Saturday. I could get it tomorrow, but waiting has been just so much fun. :x DB still has Week of June 13.

Back