June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today: Week of June 16.

6/3: Week of June 13.

6/2: went from week of June 14 to week of June 15 and the Owners Portal opened up.

QueenBee said:
I'm not sure what it means but my date has been 3 times in the last few days. June 27th->29th and now 24th. Maybe going down means it met a new milestone?!!
Mine has gone up and down, up and down. No car yet. Last time I called it had not left port. I think the estimated delivery date on the dashboard is a random number generator, intended to confuse us.

SeaAir said:
I guess I can't post in this thread anymore. I've now gone from Week of June 30 to Week of July 5. Every few days adds a week to the delivery date.
Of course you can post here. The thread title is the topic of discussion, not a prerequisite for who can or cannot post.

My car came with a bunch of stuff from the port that I found interesting and which may be of help to those wondering what might be up with their as yet undelivered car. Based on my best guesses from the paperwork and the VIN sticker inside the car, here goes.

VIN 2521 is an April manufacture date car -- post earthquake.
Best guess is it completed assembly on April 15 at 4:30 in the afternoon.
The car travelled on the United Spirit and arrived in Los Angeles on May 11.
Initial prep, including VCM reprogramming and optional floor mats, was done on May 16. (I also had kick plates put in the car. But there is no date shown for when that was done.)
The car was "assigned" on May 27 with a "due date" of June 8.
I first saw the "week of June 3" dashboard update on May 28.
On June 2, they printed the window sticker (the "Monroney").
My dealer (in Walnut Creek, California -- 400+ miles north of L.A.) received the car on June 6 and delivered it to me on June 7.

Blue: To edit your signature, click on User Control Panel at the top of the screen, then Profile at the left, and then Edit Signature.

just got call from lisa at fontana nissan and the my leaf has arrived! it will be ready for pickup tomorrow. i cant wait.

my dashboard still show week of june 16. so it defintely arrived early.

i'm not sure this helped or not to get it out of port but i contacted cs monday saying i've been tryin to get a hold of brian carolin. cs left a message for brian to call me back on tuesday but never heard from him. and then today got the call from lisa at fontana nissan.

I also got pushed back -AGAIN! Went from week of June 17 to week of June 23 :( Vin 4851

I wonder if there will still be funds left in CVRP.

Carwings opened on June 5 (VIN: 5479)
ETD changed on June 8 from July 2011 to week of June 29, 2011 (no notice email)
Called Blink to schedule installing the charger: Answer - Not yet assigned any contractor for the installation, which will be happened 7 - 10 days prior to the delivery (previously, Blink CS told me the installation will be scheduled 2-3 week prior to ETD)(I am in San Francisco bay area CA)

Two things.....(1) my date changed from June 24 to June 27 to June 29 to June 30 to June 29 to June 24. Recently changes every day or two. Not sure what that means.
(2) The Blink install folks had me down for July delivery. I talked to CS and they said they would call them. That same day I got a phone call from the local electrical folks and they said they could be there the next day at 7 am....took them 1.5 hours to install charger. An example of quick response!

If only all of us in CA could get pushed back by a few weeks, we could all take advantage of the sales tax & license fee drop AND still have a chance at the $5,000 rebate. As is it looks like one or the other... :roll:

Strange - my date has been the week of the 14th for a while, and last night it changed to the week of June 17th... and at lunch I got a call from my dealer!

Going to go pick it up tonight!

Matt

ahagge said:
If only all of us in CA could get pushed back by a few weeks, we could all take advantage of the sales tax & license fee drop AND still have a chance at the $5,000 rebate. As is it looks like one or the other... :roll:
OK, everyone in CA. let's ALL agree not to purchase our leafs until July 1st, even if they arrive before then. Everyone in?

gbshaun said:
ahagge said:
OK, everyone in CA. let's ALL agree not to purchase our leafs until July 1st, even if they arrive before then. Everyone in?

Uh...you forgot to put a "LOL" in your post. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

drees said:
BlueSL said:
My car came with a bunch of stuff from the port that I found interesting
I had some sheets of paper, too - how'd you decode yours?

There was very little decoding. Most of it was plain as day on a single sheet that they apparently use at the port to get the cars ready to ship. It is a piece of paper printed just before leaving the port, I would imagine, because it has information as late as June 2 on it.

The only guess was the date and time of manufacture (based on some codes that look like dates on a different document). I will try to scan and post what came with my car. I imagine many dealers pull this stuff before delivery, but I am happy to have it as it may he helpful to someone else and it satisfies some of my own curiosity.

I went from "week of June 23" to "week of June 27". I often felt that the "week of June 23" included the day of June 27. Now I have to drum up a new interpretation for "week of". Wiki leaks, maybe?

My "Week of" field has been stuck on 'May 6th' for over three months. This morning it changed to 'June 24th'. Mine is a 'Pollen Car' and has been down in Long Beach since March 22. I called CS but they could offer no additional information about what the change signifies. :eek:

Spreadsheet update request has been sent, sig updated as well.

Back