June 2011 Delivery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QueenBee said:
I wonder if Brian/Brendon are ignoring me or if my emails are going to a spam filter. It's been a bit over a week since I emailed Brian and a bit less than a week since Brendon and no response yet.
I emailed them (now I forget which) on Friday, and the same day got an email from the other asking for my phone number, which I sent. No word from either yet. I thought maybe they'd phone today with some more of the usual lies, but maybe they figured out my screen name here and decided a phone call wouldn't do any good.

QueenBee said:
I did finally get a hold of someone at "Nissan Escalations" in Tennessee. (She kept calling me back at my voice mail only number even though I kept leaving her my direct line). She basically didn't know anything about my car except that it was still at the port and that once it met Nissan's standards it would leave the port for my dealer. She also tried to say the earthquake had caused delays but after I explained to her the simple logic that my car has been in CA for nearly 3 months, and cars ordered this year have already been delivered that clearly the earthquake was not THE reason it continues to be delayed. I think she is going to try and figure out what is going on with it.
Or maybe she just needs to ask her superiors what new lie to tell you. Or maybe they're really diabolical at "Escalations" and the promise to call back is to give the impression that she's doing something and to give some credibility to whatever lie she's getting ready to tell you this time.

For my part, I'm actually a very trusting person. I always believe people the first time they lie to me, and usually the second; and if they're very apologetic, I believe them the third time as well. But long about the 42nd time they lie to me I stop believing anything they say.

QueenBee said:
I wonder if Brian/Brendon are ignoring me or if my emails are going to a spam filter. It's been a bit over a week since I emailed Brian and a bit less than a week since Brendon and no response yet.

QueenBee, if you emailed Brendan and used your spelling, you will never receive a reply. Here are their emails: [email protected] and [email protected]. You must have the 'dot' between first and last names and the hyphen between nissan and usa. Hope this helps.

Dropped by my dealer today because I saw a Leaf in my configuration sitting in the lot. It was not mine (it was a demo), but mine is in and I pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Brendan Jones called me and left a message last week saying my car was being put on a truck. Kudos to him for picking up the ball and advancing it.

BlueSL said:
Dropped by my dealer today because I saw a Leaf in my configuration sitting in the lot. It was not mine (it was a demo), but mine is in and I pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Brendan Jones called me and left a message last week saying my car was being put on a truck. Kudos to him for picking up the ball and advancing it.
Congrats, BlueSL! It's been a long road for you and I'm glad you're finally getting your car. Let us know what you think of it.

LEAFfan said:
QueenBee, if you emailed Brendan and used your spelling, you will never receive a reply. Here are their emails: [email protected] and [email protected]. You must have the 'dot' between first and last names and the hyphen between nissan and usa. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I did copy and paste from here so I did get it right in the email :) Anyone care to share his phone number? Seems like everyone here as stated he responds to contacts very quickly so I'm inclined to think my emails ended up in a spam filter.

HIOJim said:
Congrats, BlueSL! It's been a long road for you and I'm glad you're finally getting your car. Let us know what you think of it.

LOL, a long road? You call 6 mos. a long road? Try over 8 months going on 9!

LEAFfan said:
HIOJim said:

Hey, LEAFfan: Let's direct our anger at Nissan, not at the folks who got cars before us. They've had a hard time of it also.

The game goes on. For a month my dashboard said ":week of June 17". It has just been changed to June 23. This is after I went from April to May to June.

Desertstraw said:
The game goes on. For a month my dashboard said ":week of June 17". It has just been changed to June 23. This is after I went from April to May to June.

Same here :evil:

LEAFfan said:
HIOJim said:

Actually, I was thinking more about the beatings Blue got here on the Forum for some of his posts :) I'm sure they made the wait seem longer...

HIOJim said:
LEAFfan said:
HIOJim said:

Actually, I was thinking more about the beatings Blue got here on the Forum for some of his posts :) I'm sure they made the wait seem longer...

Jim, I am a litigator and I can take it. I pick the car up today at 3. My whole family is thrilled.

Nothing against you, Blue: I'm glad you're getting your car; but it's just one more kick in the face from Nissan for those of us who ordered early.

It's kind of like a department store having a big sale, and folks have come early and lined up outside, and then the store rent-a-cops come out just as the doors open. They let in the first few people, and then they mace the next hundred or so people and force them away, and then they let the tail end of the line in.

They insult us with lies and promises, make us wait while they offer bogus excuses (like there hasn't been a train from Long Beach to Portland for the last month!) and now they want us to pay full price for cars that were damaged and kind-of, sort-of repaired.

Again, I'm not mad at you, Blue: You just got lucky. But I will not be paying full price for a damaged/repaired car. Even if it means I just have to keep driving my little Zap Xebra for another couple of years. At least it's electric, and it plugs directly into the wall without the need for a $2,000 box that does nothing.

daniel said:
Nothing against you, Blue: I'm glad you're getting your car; but it's just one more kick in the face from Nissan for those of us who ordered early.

...snip

Again, I'm not mad at you, Blue: You just got lucky....snip
To be fair, Blue looks to be just in the window of a regular time-frame (res'n-order-delivery). Maybe that should be considered "lucky", but it's certainly nothing like those Jan/Feb orders which Nissan continues to deliver out of order. I think MOST people (every indication is that I'm one of those) have just had a regular reservation--order--delivery schedule after allowing for the Tsunami, and the fact that Nissan jumped several hundred 2011 orders ahead of us. Then there were some cases, such as yours, where Nissan made an additional screw-up. Those are the ones I'm amazed weren't corrected if (as I'm told) Nissan monitors this forum.
Of course if Nissan's order Snafu causes me to be bumped out of the $5k rebate pool, as looks to be about 50/50 right now, I'll be less accepting of my modest delay !

Brendan Jones / Brian Carolin / Nissan have come through for me - Leon @ Mossy Kearny Mesa called this morning to let me know he was invoiced last night for my LEAF - and then after lunch to let me know it arrived - I'm scheduled to pick up my LEAF tonight.

EVSE install inspected by the city w/Sunwest this morning. Should have the 2nd meter by the weekend.

w00t!

FWIW - my dashboard was updated last night to read June 15th - but I'm sure that applies to my original VIN as I have two cars showing up on the owner's portal now (44xx and 24xx which was expected).

I'll bet Brendan or Brian are phoning people whose cars have been shipped and are about to get to the dealer, to give the impression that they're working hard to straighten things out. Of course, the people whose cars are still waiting for a floor mat get no phone call in response to our emails.

It would be kind of funny to get a call in about ten years from now: "Hi Daniel, this is Brian at Nissan. Remember that Nissan Leaf you ordered ten years ago? Well, we didn't want to send it to you until it was perfect, but a week ago your floor mats arrived and were installed so the car will be at your dealer tomorrow." Me: "Umm, do the batteries have any life left in them?" Brian: "Battery life is not guaranteed by Nissan, but we think they should still have 15 or 20 miles of range in them. And we got most of the pollen stains out, and the exterminators have trapped almost all of the mice that have been nesting in the seat cushions. Enjoy your new car!"

daniel said:
I'll bet Brendan or Brian are phoning people whose cars have been shipped and are about to get to the dealer, to give the impression that they're working hard to straighten things out. Of course, the people whose cars are still waiting for a floor mat get no phone call in response to our emails.

It would be kind of funny to get a call in about ten years from now: "Hi Daniel, this is Brian at Nissan. Remember that Nissan Leaf you ordered ten years ago? Well, we didn't want to send it to you until it was perfect, but a week ago your floor mats arrived and were installed so the car will be at your dealer tomorrow." Me: "Umm, do the batteries have any life left in them?" Brian: "Battery life is not guaranteed by Nissan, but we think they should still have 15 or 20 miles of range in them. And we got most of the pollen stains out, and the exterminators have trapped almost all of the mice that have been nesting in the seat cushions. Enjoy your new car!"

Forgive me Daniel.....but I have to laugh; I can't stop myself! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daniel said:
I'll bet Brendan or Brian are phoning people whose cars have been shipped and are about to get to the dealer, to give the impression that they're working hard to straighten things out. Of course, the people whose cars are still waiting for a floor mat get no phone call in response to our emails....
What I can't understand is why Nissan didn't expend just a little energy to quiet the more vocal, high visibility Forum members. Get cars for Daniel, Rat, Groundloop, etc. Give them tours of the Oppama plant. Put them on one of their commercials. Shut them up. Make them Leaf evangelists. The vast majority of roll-out people aren't on the Forum and have no voice. But for the love of all that is holy shut these people up! :D

I'm hardly a marketing genius so how hard could it be to figure this out? The mind boggles.

HIOJim said:
What I can't understand is why Nissan didn't expend just a little energy to quiet the more vocal, high visibility Forum members. Get cars for Daniel, Rat, Groundloop, etc. Give them tours of the Oppama plant. Put them on one of their commercials. Shut them up. Make them Leaf evangelists. The vast majority of roll-out people aren't on the Forum and have no voice. But for the love of all that is holy shut these people up! :D

I'm hardly a marketing genius so how hard could it be to figure this out? The mind boggles.
It's because Nissan truly does not care about us. The Leaf is about one ten-thousandth of their business, and this Forum is read by about one percent of leaf buyers, if that many. Nothing anybody says here is of the slightest concern to them. And most of the people who do read this forum are such enthusiasts that nothing I say, or anybody says, will deter them from buying a Leaf.

As for putting me in a commercial, right now they'd have to pay me far more than it would be worth to them, to get me to abandon my principles and endorse so irresponsible and dishonorable a company. And anyway, they want pretty women, not crotchety old men, in their car commercials. (I would sell out, if the price was high enough. I think that to endorse a Nissan car at this point, ten million bucks would be my price.)

I guess I can't post in this thread anymore. I've now gone from Week of June 30 to Week of July 5. Every few days adds a week to the delivery date.

SeaAir said:
I guess I can't post in this thread anymore. I've now gone from Week of June 30 to Week of July 5. Every few days adds a week to the delivery date.

I'm not sure what it means but my date has been 3 times in the last few days. June 27th->29th and now 24th. Maybe going down means it met a new milestone?!!

Back