Japan's Leaf website & Cold Weather Package

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice site & lots of info

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fev.nissan.co.jp%2FLEAF%2FOPTION%2Fdop.html

Cold weather package:
See Option parts

I guess I'm tired but I don't get it. My friend who can read Japanese is also tired so I can't tell you what the Images say but as I read it, remembering Yen trades at about 100:1 US Dollars you have a lot of options in Japan that we don't have here. But the Cold Weather Package is a Trim level, not an option. It is known as the trim levels 17x11 where x is 4, 5 or 6 for SV, SL and SL+ETEC trims with the Cold Weather package, at least according to some bugs in some of the Forgotten 36 dealership databases. I would love to know how much, for instance, the 17111 (SV) trim was going for in Japan and how much more the 17411 (SV with Cold Weather Package) was going for, as well as comparing 17211 to 17511 in case the difference is greater with the SL upgrade. All I can see are a bunch of options for a few hundred dollars each.

IBELEAF said:
Body kit looks great and I do want those led fog lights. Everything else not so interesting.

I could be wrong, but it looks like they're selling not the fog lights but the Fog Light accent rings. A blue light around the actual fog lights that turns OFF when the fog lights are on.

My understanding of California's laws is that these would get you pulled over. You're not allowed to have blue lights or reflectors on a non-emergency vehicle.

Looks like simple two-stage heated seats; not great as there are others that are better (i.e., VW, Audi and MBZ) but a step up from the car that I may sell for the LEAF (my '06 Mazda3 GT 5-door has a simple on-off heated seat) and I'll tell you with 7 degree temps like this morning in Chicago, the heated seats are a must have. The heated steering wheel would be an nice extra but second to heated seats IMHO

I cant believe its this late in the game and Nissan still hasnt released info on the cold weather package price and availability.

the only reason I can think of is they dont want people bailing/.delaying there purchase til the option is available

feedback from us must have informed them how strongly people feel about this package( like strong enough to delay/cancel an order)

just post the info and let us decide what to do

If you are in the Group (#1) of people who CAN now RAQ & Order, but have not, or are in the "December-Order" Group (#2), or the January-Order Group (#3), or the February-Order Group (#4), but you will NOT Order (delay RAQ & Ordering) because you are waiting for the Cold-Weather package, please let it be known here (specify which group).

I did not know that there was any "significant" numbers of people (in these four Groups) that would delay ordering due to wairing for the "Cold Weather" trim package to become available.

Yes, I realize that there are others (not in these groups) that want it enough to not Order until it is announced.

I am in the december order group. I am pressing hard for info on the cold weather package.

I may, or may not delay or cancel my order based on the info.

its seems anyone in the Va Dc Md area would want this option.

I'm in the December group but I'm not planning on getting the package at the moment. It sounds nice but I'm concerned that the thermal blanket will cause more problems in the summer than it will fix in the winter. I can't imagine that the battery will dissipate heat as well wrapped up in a blanket. Just something else I'd like more info on.

Well, IMHO, we don't have enough Tennesseans on this board which is skewing the results. Lots from the other 4 initial roll-out states, and some in the TN border states and even some in HI and TX, but almost no-one from TN itself who be already qualified for LEAF delivery in the next month if not the next week. And it gets mighty cold in parts of TN, so if any state would want it, it should be, in addition to the areas Kevin mentioned, TN too as well as much as the forgotten 36 (but surely not NM, for golly gee!)

Anyway, as I said, if we can figure out a trim price difference between 17111 (SV trim) and 167411 (SV trim w/ Cold Weather Pkg) I'd quickly do a calculation and update the price list on the blog and let my PD know that's what I want ASAP.

Even if Nissan isn't going to tell us about the Cold Package cars, it would be great if they could come out an say whether the cold-weather options could be Dealer installed after delivery.

Do all the cars have wires and connectors ready to plug-in the seat-warmers, or would a more extensive install be required? Is the seat or upholstery significantly different, or are there expensive differences?

Just knowing I could add the cold weather tidbits later would be great.

Going through the "build your car" selection shows a price of 33,600 yen ($400 US?) for the cold weather "manufacturer option". Otherwise, it appears that there are the "X" and "G" levels of trim to which the cold weather package can be added to either. The difference between X and G appears to be around $3,000.

Also interesting to note that blue and white are both "special order" colors costing $420 more. There also appears to be an option for a twist-out passenger seat to assist kimono-wearing and elderly individuals (not sure if this is a Nissan add-on or performed by a third-party). As for me, I'll be eargerly awaiting the charge port lamp and the flashier mirrors as I'm sure anything designed to work on the Japanese-spec Leafs will also work on the US-bound cars. I'm also eye-balling those pop-up corner marker lights, but I'd want mine to raise up with a little flag or something.. :D

Back