Leaf Accessories that are available in Japan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile, anyone interested in the charge port lock can refer to the video below:
http://eyevio.jp/movie/420195" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When the webpage comes out, in the middle of the page (kinda like embedded Youtube video), it will be the video, click on the "Orange" button, and the video will start and show you how's that "Nissan JPN factory optional" charge port lock works

surfsnow said:
Meanwhile, anyone interested in the charge port lock can refer to the video below:

When the webpage comes out, in the middle of the page (kinda like embedded Youtube video), it will be the video, click on the "Orange" button, and the video will start and show you how's that "Nissan JPN factory optional" charge port lock works
OK, I watch this and I have a question. Note that I don't have my Leaf yet so I can't go look. The video shows the cover sliding onto orange brackets on the inside of the charging door; that is how it secures to the cover. Do US Leaves have those brackets or even mounting points for them, assuming that they come with the cover?

I believe those brackets come with the "lock".
Since it is an optional item, I don't think even the JDM version has those brackets installed on the basic setup.
FYI: My Leaf does not have those orange brackets

DoxyLover said:
surfsnow said:

OK, I watch this and I have a question. Note that I don't have my Leaf yet so I can't go look. The video shows the cover sliding onto orange brackets on the inside of the charging door; that is how it secures to the cover. Do US Leaves have those brackets or even mounting points for them, assuming that they come with the cover?

They are fitted to top portion of the left/Right hinge assembly....direct blot is must obivous.....but!

On Monday I will give some dealerships in the UK a bell and see if they can get a qty of these covers assuming that I can get a least a pony to buy them.
I do have family in the UK so worst case scenario the dealer gets them and I have to have my sister beans on toast em
I think a problem apart from availability is going to be cost we may just need to wait till Nissan releases them in the US but I will post on Tuesday after I speak to a few dealers in the UK

You see you don't only get to learn about the leaf but a lessons in cockney rhyming slang as well

More bad news

Good Morning Steve

Re. Leaf charge port covers

i do not stock these as a rule, however Nissan GB currently stock 2 of these and there is only 2 left in Europe which would take a week to get the remaining quantity that you require would have to come from Japan with a lead time of a minimum of 6 weeks

These retail at £176.00 inc vat if your were to order 25 then i would be able to offer you a 10% discount on this price, as to delivery these would have to be picked up from our Waltham abbey branch in Essex, however you are quite welcome to arrange your own courier to come and pick them up.

Payment: We would require full payment prior to ordering any of these port covers by cheque in the post, once this has cleared then i would go ahead and order them. ( Sorry but credit cards are not accepted over the phone through this company)

Many thanks for your enquiry

Regards

Barry Martin

Glyn Hopkin Ltd
Parts Department
Guess we will have to wait unless I get 25 people wiliing to pay up front and wait at least 2 months

I would only be interested in that charge port light ..Like Leaffan said maybe there is something interesting at a hardware store to install there..

If anyone want here is the available options from the UK.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehic...f/leaf/pricing-and-specifications/accessories

Personally, I think the prices are laughable, dont forget to add 20% VAT to the prices, I paid $99 for the mudguards and $88 for the hologram entry guards from Nissan Accessories.

In addition, for those that still smoke check out the Nomadic ashtray for only £34 + 20% it is a hilarious option along with the huge armrest option.

Ray and Dino over at Campbell-Nelson Nissan here in Seattle are currently looking into whether or not they can make any of the Japanese accessories available for local LEAFers, fwiw. (I've specifically inquired about the charge port cover and charging light.)

Packet said:
Ray and Dino over at Campbell-Nelson Nissan here in Seattle are currently looking into whether or not they can make any of the Japanese accessories available for local LEAFers, fwiw. (I've specifically inquired about the charge port cover and charging light.)

Hi Guys
I spoke to a parts rep at one of the UK dealerships and he said that there is no port light in an aftermarket option but I am sure you can obtain more accurate info than I can.

I did reach out to another dealership that quoted me £130 + 20% Tax for the port cover and again said they had not heard of the port light but did have the cover in stock. They are sending me some photos of the cover and installation instructions to check that is compatible with the US models, In addition a comprehensive after market options list (available to them).

Good luck, as I am sure you will have plenty of eager buyers for some of those Jap only accessories.

Brightonuk said:
I spoke to a parts rep at one of the UK dealerships and he said that there is no port light in an aftermarket option but I am sure you can obtain more accurate info than I can.
Whatever info they find and share with the local LEAFers, I'll relay back to the forum if no one else does.

Back