Jamb this in your LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
garygid said:
SAE probable goal: Use a totally different control/signaling system so that the "foreign" CHaDEmo cannot be supported.

This is a none issue. No SAE cars are planned therefore no cars can send a pilot signal in the first place.

ahagge said:
mitch672 said:
It's not really going to affect much at all, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, by the time its deployed, the 2nd generation of EVs will be out, say around 2014-2015 time frame, its nothing to get your pantys in a bunch about now :)
Actually, if it DOES become the standard and is picked up by the automakers, your new LEAF (and mine) will likely take about a 30% hit in resale value, especially if Nissan doesn't offer a low-cost retrofit. And of course it will instantly kill any CHAdeMO fast-charger rollout here in the USA. So I think the impacts may be felt sooner than you think, perhaps even before it's standardized.

I suspect there is a hidden agenda behind this, as there is with almost everything the US Government and their minions throw at us.

Back