Is this stuff fixed in the 2015 LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ampitupco

I'm curious if the 2015 LEAF has addressed the (somewhat minor) issues I have with the 2012 LEAF:

1) The horn. The horn on my 2012 is worthless. I know people replace theirs, but is this necessary in 2015?
2) The driver's side windshield washer fluid squirter. It barely squirts higher than 1/4 up the window. Infuriating when you need to clean your windshield in winter driving.
3) The paint. Just this weekend my daughters scooter fell against my rear bumper ripping the paint clean off for a good 6 inches and revealing the black primer underneath. I've already had warranty paint work done on the front bumper.... but I give up at this point. There are numerous areas where the paint is just leaving the car.
4) The weak steering wheel heater. It gets nice and warm to start, but then it cools off and never rebounds.

I'm hoping these issues are resolved as I start to think about a replacement EV. I need to make it through this winter, however.

Still waiting on some cold weather for a real test, but the SW heater on mine got really warm and stayed that way for about 20 minutes the only time I have used it

Can't comment on paint yet other than I have given it a good wax job and none came off.

Windshield fluid: mine squirts the whole window. Too bad the wipers are crap.

Horn: a kazoo from the dollar store would be an improvement.

1) The horn. Such a simple fix it's really not worth consideration. If it matters to you you should be able to negotiate an upgrade by the dealer to make the sale. If not any shop should be able to do it cheap and it should also be a very simple DIY.

2) Washer squirter, this should be adjustable. My 2015 has no problem. Use a good quality washer fluid probably matters more. I use rainx and found that after the first winter I used just 1 bottle vs 3 or 4 of the cheap blue stuff. Last year being really harsh I used 2.

3) Nissan paint sucks. Walking around the dealer I noticed almost every car short of the GTR you could tell the bumpers looked flatter than the metal parts.

4) steering wheel heater. I would guess this will never be fixed. The kia optima had problems with the leather peeling off, if the heater is on too hot for too long it might cause damage. I would prefer for it to have 2 setings, a high that will switch off once hot or a warm that will stay on at a lower heat but steady.

You hit it all in a single stride. I address all 4 in my 2011 with these:
1. Replaced the horn with FIAMM EL Grande horn http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DLBIGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. Ditto- Use Rain X washer fluid

3. Bought touch up paint.

4. Bought a lamb wool steering wheel cover to keep it comfortable all year round.

On my 2014 the driver washer nozzel still sucks. I had them adjust it twice and still the same issue. It shoots a stream instead of a fan and it is too low on the window. If you adjust it any higher it hits the edge of the hood.

I've had my LEAF for a week and I already purchased a new horn. I'll probably be installing it tonight. As for the rest of it, I haven't noticed any of those problems yet. It hasn't been cold enough here to try the heated steering wheel.

ampitupco said:
I'm curious if the 2015 LEAF has addressed the (somewhat minor) issues I have with the 2012 LEAF:
3) The paint. Just this weekend my daughters scooter fell against my rear bumper ripping the paint clean off for a good 6 inches and revealing the black primer underneath. I've already had warranty paint work done on the front bumper.... but I give up at this point. There are numerous areas where the paint is just leaving the car.
I had a Nissan Sentra hatchback from 1985 to 2001. The paint was not very durable. I haven't seen any issues with the paint on my 2012 Leaf, but wouldn't be surprised if it didn't weather well.

Back