Is there such things as "certified pre-owned" for Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stockae92

Anybody know if there is such things as "certified pre-owned" for Leaf?

If so, then what kind of warranty does it carry?

Yes, but the majority are auctioned off after the lease ends because the cars don't sell very well.

Enter your ZIP code and select LEAF from the drop menu:
http://cpo.nissanusa.com/certified-pre-owned/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(If you don't see LEAF in the drop menu, it means there are no nearby dealers that have any LEAFs in stock).

Warranty: 100,000 mile, 7 years
(Does not extend the battery capacity warranty)

Since it does not extend the battery or capacity warranty, CPO on a Leaf is worthless.

Stockae92 said:
Anybody know if there is such things as "certified pre-owned" for Leaf? If so, then what kind of warranty does it carry?

The standard warranty is transferrable anyway.
(At least according to CarFax on my 2012.. I get another year before it runs out.. It was a very late model 2012.)

I was thinking initially of staying with a Nissan dealer to get a CPO one, but their selection just wasn't there...
Then I found out that it didn't matter too much...

desiv

Mine was certified pre owned.

7 year 70,000 miles plus remainder of original warranty on both car and battery.

4802 miles Red SV 2012 $17,000

it now has over 15,000 miles on it 4.5 months later.

aarond12 said:
My 2015 LEAF S was a CPO. The previous owner put 225 miles on it. :shock:

Probably couldn't afford the payment and handed the car back to the deal?

Or they missed burning fossil fuel and traded it in for a full size pick up?

Stockae92 said:
aarond12 said:
My 2015 LEAF S was a CPO. The previous owner put 225 miles on it. :shock:

Probably couldn't afford the payment and handed the car back to the deal?

Or they missed burning fossil fuel and traded it in for a full size pick up?

A couple of likely scenarios:

• The car was bought after 5 PM/on a holiday/on a weekend and as soon as the bank opened, the buyer was rejected for financing and the dealer's finance manager could not find another bank to take the buyer
  • The buyer realized very quickly that the Leaf wasn't the car for them, likely due to range issues, possibly due to lack of ability to charge at home

Hopefully Aaron got at least $7500 off MSRP, plus the value of any state or local incentives, since the car is now technically used and will not qualify for them.

Bringing this post back from the dead since I too have a CPO leaf.

I purchased a CPO leaf from a private party. They purchased the vehicle from the dealer and got a cpo from them and I am trying to figure out if I need to get it transferred.

Called the dealer and they had no clue if it was transferable. Called 800 nissan1 and they said the CPO warranty goes with the car and as long as I have the paper that says its cpo I'm ok. I'm a little hesitant to get excited as thats setting me up for failure when 2 years from now a wheel bearing or something goes bad and I say hey, I have a cpo warranty, fix it and they say ohhh it looks like you never transferred it.

Anyone ever run into this?

Back