Is a Leaf usable in Park City, Utah?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hanz64 said:
Where can I get a GOD?

HA! Come to Utah ! (But not necessarily that bastion of California style liberalism known as Park City!)
ANYWAY. . . I have driven the LEAF to park city & back home in Salt Lake a couple of times. All the way to the top of old town where I was working on a house, IOW not stopping short down in Snyderville or Kimbal junction. Returned w a comfortable cushion both times. It was late fall, not cold, but starting to get chilly. Got a record low 2.2mi/kWh going up Parleys canyon, but I was not keeping speed low to conserve electrons (I almost never do!) Would be even lower mi/kWh in real cold. One thing I thought was fun (guess-O-meter): was watching the range # climbing and climbing as I drove down the 12mile long hill on the way home. 2 bars, reading 15 mi. remaining after round trip. BUT, I live very close to the mouth of the canyon. Which means if it's iffy, you should come charge at my house for a while before you go up the hill! Seriously, if we're home.
IMO, Heber<--->Park City, even in the winter (w decent tires) is NO PROBLEM! Besides, it'll be summer soon! :mrgreen: ML

Back