insurance companies... which do you use?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
piseas said:
I am an insurance agent so you might think I am biased. But I can compare rates to over 50 companies. Mercury is far and away the 95% of the time has the lowest rates. And those can get even lower if you have a sharp agent that will show you how additional discounts will bring the price down even lower.
BTW, I just purchased(1-2-15) my first Nissan Leaf SL. Good luck. :D

Thought I would just post about the great Mercury.

"Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones ordered Mercury Insurance to pay a fine of $27,593,562 million because Mercury auto insurance consumers were charged unapproved “broker fees.” Mercury did not obtain the commissioner’s approval for the “broker fees” and so consumers paid more than the rates approved by the commissioner. Proposition 103, passed by the voters in 1988, prevents auto insurers from charging excessive rates and requires that rates be approved by the commissioner.

Despite being advised against doing so by the Department of Insurance, from 1999 through 2004, Mercury’s insurance agents charged and collected unapproved “broker fees” on more than 180,000 transactions, improperly collecting $27,593,562 million from consumers.

“Mercury auto insurance consumers paid $27.5 million in unapproved fees,” said Commissioner Jones. “While the $27.5 million fine against Mercury is significant, it is commensurate with the amount of money that was unlawfully collected from Mercury policyholders."
The commissioner’s decision comes after an exhaustive process that included a full evidentiary hearing conducted by an administrative law judge. The hearing included 15 days of testimony, extensive exhibits and legal briefs. The administrative law judge found that there were at least 180,000 transactions in which Mercury auto policyholders were charged fees that had not been approved. After all of the evidence and legal arguments were considered, the independent administrative law judge recommended the commissioner impose the $27.5 million fine on Mercury."

Back