Impression of our new Schneider EVlink

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etracing

We ordered our Schneider Electric EVlink from Home Depot for $799 plus tax and shipping.

3 days later it was at my door. 30 minutes later (not kidding) I had power to it and start testing
for any heat on various wires as it charged the leaf from 80% to 100%, (going to go "play" with it tomorrow).

The layout was well thought out with plenty of punch outs to bring in the wire. The one on the top right is the
easiest and most direct to the connections. I had an old welder outlet just below the location I needed to put
it so I purchased the correct plug and a 4 foot run of leftover 3/C 8 cable from the reduced price wire rack at
Home Depot. ($3.30)

There is plenty of room in the unit to run the wire to the fused connection unlike many other devices I have wired up
that have everything crammed in. All of the functions worked as designed and for the moment, I am very pleased
with the purchase.

Note: This is a INDOOR unit. I would not put it anywhere near a exterior door or somewhere you might get it wet.

Leaf%20and%20bike%20005.JPG

I'm not sure there's a huge difference in these L2's given the limits of the Leaf charger but I went for the same one myself. It's deep in my garage so weather not an issue, it's 30A in case we eventually get a car that can handle that, it's got a longer cord than most and a cradle, and was cheaper than all but one of the other options available, and that not by much. Like yours, it's working just fine. Doubt it's greatly preferable to other choices really, but I'm happy with it; if it's reasonable that is to be happy with a glorified 800$ switchable extension cord with a fancy plug. These are doubtless very profitable, but our choices are limited.

tjz said:
My TED 5000 shows it at 1 Watt.

etracing said:
Does anyone know the idle wattage of this product?

Thanks!

Ed

Probably to power the single green 'on' light, that's great that it doesn't have much 'vulture' current draw, some may still shut off the breaker but this is nothing ... mine was bought last October and shows the EVLink logo as well ... purchased from HD as well

yes these are great the commercial ones are real heavy duty but the level3s WOW they are impressive! the cost a little hefty but I like the no middle man or you have to use our network. we just install and its yours you set price on the cc option and let them use it.its a shame we will have to charge for this but these are not cheap but 6-7 dollars for QC not to bad.

sq d level 3 QC are on ORDER!! waiting on ul listing.and yes you can have one if you can afford it! no more bs from av,blink, chargepoint .I have used sq d products for well over 35 years and i trust it to work just fine!!! the fee will be appox 6-7 dollars a 30 min charge. give or take a little. and I mean little!!! ps love my leaf. found a used one in memphis might snag it while I can!! I would be nice to add another to the family!

Regarding the Level 2 chargers, they are 30A but require a 2 pole 40 amp circuit breaker. They also make a weather resistant (but NOT NEMA3R) version.

If you are in SoCal, you can buy them here for $750.00, plus CA sales tax and $25.00 shipping. http://www.daviswholesale.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the weather resistant ones are around $1100, plus tax and shipping.

Haven't heard anything but promises on the level 3's.......and the costs I have seen are not for the faint of heart.

Back