Importing Some Charging Port Covers.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thew

Hey All, We are going to import some Of the JDM Charge Port Covers. Please let me know if you are interested.
We will put them up on our site for sale.. But I wanted to make sure all the Forum members got word first.

Attachments

• nissan-leaf-charging-port-cover_100400216_m.jpg
    nissan-leaf-charging-port-cover_100400216_m.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 347
I have one that was imported from Japan. It has only been used a time or two, and is in great condition with all the original pieces.

I'll sell it for a bit less than I paid direct from Japan ($275) plus $20 for US shipping. Send me a PM if interested....

I bought my at Tony's close out. More novelty than necessity.
It does work but not sure I will ever use it ;) Especially with no more free parking at LAX.

thankyouOB said:
what is the point of this?
a lock provides some protection.

If it secures itself to the car using the factory locking mechanism of the charging door, this would be a great way to prevent someone from maliciously unplugging you. Of course this assumes there isn't some other way to cut the power, such as unplugging the other end of a trickle charger.

Otherwise its only usefulness is to keep snow from accumulating inside the charging port well.

Yes, its the Lock part that we all want. Here in Cail. if some one removes the Charger Plug, You can get Towed. This way the Plug stays with your Car until you get back to it. I have had folks remove mine a few times now. Usually a Volt Driver!.. And if it were not for the stupid law I would agree.. The Cover is really all about being able to lock the charger down.

I will have these by this Friday. 3/15/13 I will make a Prono Code for Forum members that want to pick one up. That Prop Code will give the Forum members a Discount. Just send me a PM for the Promo Code and ill be sure to Hold one for you.. WE only imported 5 of these.. 1 for me :).. So 4 left up for Grabs.. Just shoot me a PM.

thew said:
I will have these by this Friday. 3/15/13 I will make a Prono Code for Forum members that want to pick one up. That Prop Code will give the Forum members a Discount. Just send me a PM for the Promo Code and ill be sure to Hold one for you.. WE only imported 5 of these.. 1 for me :).. So 4 left up for Grabs.. Just shoot me a PM.

What are you selling these for without the super secret codes?

Update, Most of the JDM parts have arrived. I am working up a DIY install guide with Pics for the LED Nissan Emblem with Blue Back-light now.

Also install tips for the Locking Charge Cover.. (its easy) .
Still Coming are the Charging Port Light Kits and the White LED ringed Fog Light Kit..

Once we have the DIY Install Tips together ill post here in a new Thread.

Tony, the Prices Before the Promo Code are on our web site.
http://www.depoteco.com/nissan-leaf-parts/
I am only going to make the Promo Code available for MYNissanLeaf Forum members.. So PM me if you are interested in any thing.

We only have 4 of the Locking Charge Covers,
1 LED Back lit emblem.
And one Blue Ringed Complete Fog Light Kit.

We will have 4 of the JDM Charge port light kits.
And we are happy to import more items as needed.

Yes the price has not changed any. Its still a JDM import part.. But like I said if you use the PROMO Code you will at least get it down to cost. And it does include Free Ground Shipping. :).

Anyway our Goal was to just get some in the USA for our Friends that have the need. I really need the Charge cover here :) .

TonyWilliams said:
thew said:
Tony, the Prices Before the Promo Code are on our web site.
http://www.depoteco.com/nissan-leaf-parts/

That's the same price point that I had with the units I sold. Not much of a market for them at that price, so good luck !!!!

A Few Pics of the LED Back lite Nissan LOGO.

NissianLEDLOGO4.jpg

NissianLEDLOGO5.jpg

NissianLEDLOGO2.JPG

NissianLEDLOGO.jpg

Back