I'm testing the E-NV200 until July

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has third row seating optional... too bad they didn't style it like this. I guess they didn't want to risk EVs being successful.
008-14TDI_ROGmyu001-large.jpg

LTLFTcomposite said:
This has third row seating optional... too bad they didn't style it like this. I guess they didn't want to risk EVs being successful.
That is weird statement about a company that has spent Billions on EVs.

Leaf actually outsells many of Nissan SUVs in the US.

Stanton said:
Very cool: thanks for posting pics!
I still can't figure out why NO other EV manufacturer realizes that the FRONT of the vehicle is the best place for a charging port?? :roll:
I actually wish it anywhere but the front! Up until this car, I would always back into parking spaces. I've been doing so every since taking a "skid school" class (In Control Driving) and they pointed out the many reasons to do so, primarily being that lots of accidents happen when backing out of a parking spot, so if you back into the spot, you'll avoid them.

I prefer to back in when I can as well. In the one public spot I have been to I did back in without thinking and the cord did reach. In our garage I put it up front between the two main stall doors and we back the cars in there as well, works out great. That way I can park on either side as well as nose in, in front of either stall and still charge or if my cousin (volt) or uncle (pip) are over they can plug in as well.

If I backed in to my garage, I would be unable to exit the vehicle. I much prefer it on the front.
As an aside, our ICE even has a detection and warning system for cars coming from either side in the back when in reverse...

BrockWI said:
I prefer to back in when I can as well.

...a driving range of 185 to 190 km on a full charge (on JC08 mode)...

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2014/_STORY/140609-01-e.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm guessing that in the USA we will see ~72 miles ("100%" charge) EPA rated range?

That ~extra foot of height (compared to the LEAF) is going to really suck kW at higher speeds.

jlv said:
I actually wish it anywhere but the front! Up until this car, I would always back into parking spaces.
How do you load stuff into the trunk if you back into parking spaces ?

DanCar said:
jlv said:
[..., primarily being that lots of accidents happen when backing out of a parking spot, so if you back into the spot, you'll avoid them.
That line of thinking is obsolete with a backup camera.

Nope. Try it with, say a Prius, with it's toy-grade backup camera. Or the majority of cars on the road now, with no camera. I think you meant to say "will hopefully someday be obsolete."

LTLFTcomposite said:

The e-NV200 is a van that is optimized to practically haul 122 cubic feet of cargo. The Rogue can do a maximum of 70 cubic feet of cargo with all rear seats folded down. Most businesses will favor practicality over style when it comes to transporting products. I think Nissan is making a good effort here. I don't think they are trying to make their vehicles unsuccessful. In fact, I think the e-NV200 will be a huge seller, and I predict it will even come close to outselling the LEAF. Businesses that make local deliveries of products or services will absolutely love the e-NV200 since this is one application where limited range electric vehicles really shine.

Also, has anyone noticed that GM has partnered with Nissan to produce a Chevy badged version of the NV200 (ICE)? I wonder if they will also be selling the electric flavor.

patrick0101 said:
I went to the e-NV200 Ride & Drive event today in Portland. Here is how it went (link):

Sorry I didn't meet you Pat... I'm the driver of the e-EV200 van and I'm still evauluating it for another three weeks. I had to remove all my tools out of it for the EV-event :D It's been a sturdy little work horse and along with having battery cooling the production version will also have a larger battery for comercial use I have been told , Also the production version will have lower gearing but I personaly don't think it needs it. It rockets off the line now with a large load in it ...

I have been doing interviews and test rides for potential customers for weeks so I'm not sure were the press embargo came from or they just forgot to tell me ooops :D . Nissan and PGE told me to get the word out while we have it and I have. :lol: . I only have three weeks remaining before it goes to Georgia Power ( I have been told)... Time is flying by And if you get a chance to see this E-van I highly recommend it. I'm having a lot of Fun with it .... ~ Jim

evnow said:
Leaf actually outsells many of Nissan SUVs in the US.
Actually, the only SUVs it outsold in May is Armada and Xterra, both very long in the tooth. All other SUVs and crossovers still outsell LEAF.

e-nv200 Japan website and info updated 2 , 5 , or 7 passenger versions

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nissan.co.jp%2FENV200%2Fnavi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JK1 said:
It's been a sturdy little work horse and along with having battery cooling the production version will also have a larger battery for comercial use I have been told.
Do you have an idea of the size (capacity) of the battery which will be produced?

The test should be over now, how did it go?

There's one being tested about an hour away from me and I am going to get a chance to see it this weekend. It's actually in a town surrounded by country, in area where the Nissan dealer doesn't even sell LEAFs. It's a bit strange that a test e-NV200 landed there, but it has.

The video below (in Japanese) gives range as up to 170 km, I assume on the Japanese (low-speed) test cycle.

The first batch of Nissan e-NV200s produced in Barcelona, Spain reached Oppama, Japan, from where they will be shipped to customers in Japan.

This mean that the second electric car from Nissan is going global.

The prices of e-NV200 in Japan, like elsewhere, are a little higher than for the LEAF (below $35,000).

A useful feature is the 100 V AC outlets on-board, which could be used in an emergency or daily at work if needed. Nissan even prepared a list of example appliances that could work at less than 1,500 W (maximum output)...

http://insideevs.com/nissan-e-nv200-sale-japan-wvideo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMO, every BEV should come equipped with an integrated AC outlet, with a variable setting for low battery SOC to prevent excessive discharge, so you could use your car as a portable or emergency power source.

Cost: probably ~$50.

Utility: great

Back