I'm testing the E-NV200 until July

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this van is already on sale in my country, Spain, and can you provide official information if you need.

P71VIC said:
Sweet. Is there a three row seating configuration as an option?

yes:

PDyDMAI.jpg

2fU3hzB.jpg

EngravEER said:
Good stuff Jim! Could we trouble you for a few interior shots as well? Would love to see what she looks like on the inside.

AHCMJk5.jpg

jQl9Gt6.jpg

uwskier20 said:
Does this have a CHAdeMO port?

yes:

oWbj92s.jpg

Hello ... Here are some quick shots I took today. Sorry for the delay we were real busy downtown with a blown up transformer that shut down part of Portland. I was told that the reason Nissan isn't importing the Barcelona Spain model is it's made for the European/Asia market and can't be certified in the U.S. . Nissan has to certify the E-NV200 as a new model at great expense so they have to make sure that there is a demand and a market for it before producing the U.S. version.

5sh9t.jpg

t5ige.jpg

3nxv.jpg

djjm.jpg

JK1 said:
Nissan has to certify the E-NV200 as a new model at great expense so they have to make sure that there is a demand and a market for it before producing the U.S. version.
I demand that there be a market for this vehicle. Does that help?

Very cool and lucky you.

Very cool: thanks for posting pics!
I still can't figure out why NO other EV manufacturer realizes that the FRONT of the vehicle is the best place for a charging port?? :roll:

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Look at the L2 inlet, think its possible they could fit a Frankenplug there, if need be, and still keep the CHAdeMO? Would give them a leg up if they ever build out combo infrastructure.

I haven't seen a combo plug in person so I don't know how big it actually is, but I was wondering if there is enough space in the current LEAF design to squeeze one in there. I think it would make a lot of sense if they could.

ksnogas2112 said:
JK1 said:
Nissan has to certify the E-NV200 as a new model at great expense so they have to make sure that there is a demand and a market for it before producing the U.S. version.

Very cool and lucky you.

Isn't this the thing that is going to become ALL the Taxi's in New York?
http://www.technologytell.com/in-car-tech/8792/taxi-wars-12-get-check-nissan-nv-200-nyc-taxi-front-seat/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the ICE version, which is already certified for US sale. I've seen a couple of them here in LA, and not as taxis either.

It's the EV version that needs to be certified. The various modifications and especially weight gain (from the batteries) could be significant enough to alter the car's crash worthiness unless it is taken into account in the design.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Look at the L2 inlet, think its possible they could fit a Frankenplug there, if need be, and still keep the CHAdeMO? Would give them a leg up if they ever build out combo infrastructure.
Would make sense only if there is a significant installed base of combo QC - which I doubt we are ever going to see.

ksnogas2112 said:
JK1 said:

Very cool and lucky you.

+1 who wouldn't want more room, even better if they put in more range? I'd take it over the LEAF, if only they'd bring it. If the LEAF sales are growing, they're nuts to think this won't sell.

evnow said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Would make sense only if there is a significant installed base of combo QC - which I doubt we are ever going to see.

Not yet, no. Here, we had no QC until 6 months ago, and now, CHAdeMO is growing fast. Same could happen with Combo. Doesn't take long to install a station.

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Same could happen with Combo. Doesn't take long to install a station.
No same won't happen with CCS - since there are no cars. It takes a lot of effort and time to install a QC, BTW. Search for relevant threads ...

evnow said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Same could happen with Combo. Doesn't take long to install a station.
No same won't happen with CCS - since there are no cars. It takes a lot of effort and time to install a QC, BTW. Search for relevant threads ...
While the totals are still small, it's happening a lot faster with CCS than it did with CHAdeMO, and there certainly are cars now. There are ten CCS installed with at least four more known underway, in five states: 7 + 3 in CA, 0 + 1 in OR, 1 in CO, 1 in GA, and 2 in AZ. Compared to CHAdeMO deployment at a similar stage, it's lightning fast.

Weckel said:
this van is already on sale in my country, Spain, and can you provide official information if you need.

P71VIC said:

yes:

PDyDMAI.jpg

2fU3hzB.jpg

I think we are confused.... these pictures don't look like three row seating. It looks like three to the second row. But it does look like there would be room back there for a third row, plus it looks like a single seating position from the second row folds down to allow access to the back.

P71VIC said:
Weckel said:

P71VIC said:

yes:

I think we are confused.... these pictures don't look like three row seating. It looks like three to the second row. But it does look like there would be room back there for a third row, plus it looks like a single seating position from the second row folds down to allow access to the back.

excuse me, you are right, I thought in "three seats row".

We would really use a three row or 7 passenger ev, we do a lot of running from kids practices and carpool, but often have to take the van. Most of the people we car pool with have big SUV's and can fit 6 kids with a driver, but we can't take the leaf and that kind of running is perfect for an EV.

Back