If not for the LEAF would you have considered a Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But for the Leaf, Nissan (and Infiniti) would have never received even a look from us of late. We had briefly looked at various Nissan vehicles in the past but had dismissed them for one reason or another.

The LEAF will be my first Nissan, and my first new car. I see lots of Nissans on the roads around here, but if not for the LEAF EV, I'd probably have bought another used Toyota or Honda...

A few years ago, when I built my electric car and we were upgrading the Prius (horrible on long trips), we considered the Nissan Murano. If it had been a hybrid, we would have bought it. We ended up with the Lexus RX 400h in large part because it was a hybrid. Frankly, I just seen no reason to drive around at low speeds with ice propulsion. So, yes we ONCE considered a Nissan, but didn't buy it. Now that we have this Leaf, we'll absolutely consider the Infiniti EV as well! Another Nissan?.... uh.. I dunno.

Except for the Leaf, I never would have considered any Nissan. Well, OK, if someone gave me a GTR I wouldn't have turned it down....

TT

i have been a Prius fanboi for so long, it took a leading afford... a LEAF to make me look elsewhere.

i all seriousness; my dedication to Nissan has grown 300% since taking delivery of the Leaf. their level of commitment to the technology is more than ALL other plug in options COMBINED. they are all in! and i admire their conviction to the technology.

but... i waited for a highway capable EV for so long (drove an NEV for 3+ years) that i would have bought the first EV available. the MiEV is a big step down but i would have bought it and been happy (not as happy)

but Nissan was first and that means a lot to me. they are in the running for my next car

New cars I have bought in the past have all been American made.

Nissan gave me the chance to support America by making a car that does not rely on oil, and that is why I diverged from the American markets. Had the Volt gotten to market first, I may have gone that route, but Nissan wanted my business enough to get me my Leaf before Chevy could take my business, and they gave me a pure EV choice - which is exactly what I wanted. With the Volt I would have been settling.

I hope to never own another ICE or hybrid, but likely I will be in the market for one in a few years - which is optimistic indeed for the EV to fill all my driving needs. For now, I will settle for 95%.

The Leaf was my first Nissan product.

It very likely will NOT be my last. I'm that impressed with it.

Now, as for which dealer I go with....I can think of one in San Diego that has lost ALL of my business (maintenance, new vehicle purchase, you name it) due to their refusal to let Leaf owners charge at their stations unless they bought the car there. :mad:

I'm 33 and have owned 2 Hondas and an Acura over the past 13 years. I would have been perfectly happy driving Hondas the rest of my life. I've been interested in EVs for about 8 years now, but never seriously considered building my own. Honestly, I have never had much interest in Nissans, but they're the first ones to offer a 4 seater EV that I can afford.

I signed up for the Leaf mailing list years ago, but didn't want to get too excited about it until I test drove one. Well, I test drove one last week and I will probably be signing a lease this week.

Many years ago I owned a Pathfinder that I was happy with. A couple of years ago I rented a Sentra that was CHEAP CHEAP. The Leaf is the currently only Nisson thsat I would consider.

I owned a 240SX, it was a great car, US version didn't get the proper engine though. If I was looking for a family sedan I'd definitely consider the latest Maxima over Camry or Accord. 370Z is nice. And while the car itself doesn't make much sense for most practical purposes I do like the styling of the Armada. I would consider Nissan, at least in theory, in practice, however, I'm more likely to get another Subaru :)

Nope.

Never owned a Nissan before my Leaf.

Never even considered them when purchasing cars before.

As long as they keep producing quality EVs, then they've probably got my business from now on.

The Leaf is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

kennyboy said:
Nope.

Never owned a Nissan before my Leaf.

Never even considered them when purchasing cars before.

As long as they keep producing quality EVs, then they've probably got my business from now on.

+1

It's interesting in that it is both the best and the worst car I have ever owned... It is best from the standpoint of the electric drive-line and all it brings to the party, and worst in terms of paint, carpet, sound system and the more mundane things that any car contains and offers...

kennyboy said:

TomT said:
It's interesting in that it is both the best and the worst car I have ever owned... It is best from the standpoint of the electric drive-line and all it brings to the party, and worst in terms of paint, carpet, sound system and the more mundane things that any car contains and offers...

kennyboy said:

+1. Take away the electric drivetrain and you get a mediocre econobox with numb handling, inferior interior materials, and questionable styling.

Several year ago, my son wrecked my Prius, so I ended up borrowing my sister's 300,000+ mile Maxima that she used as a backup car for 3 months. I was amazed at how well the car ran while I had it...so buying my first Nissan (the LEAF) wasn't much of a stretch.

I bought a Nissan only because they were the only company making an affordable electric vehicle with reasonable specs. I was not in the market for a new car otherwise. Before purchasing the Leaf, I did have a very high opinion of Nissan. I've seen a lot of Nissans on the road and I figured as a Japanese brand that means quality. I considered them on the same level as Toyota or Honda. But sadly my opinion of Nissan has dropped since owning the Leaf, as the company has demonstrated to me time and again that they really don't care about the after-sales experience.

I wasn't really in the market for a new car as my '03 Mazda Protege5 was doing the job well.

I was never previously impressed with Nissan vehicles. The 1986 Stanza Wagon wins ugliest vehicle of all time and burned a negative image in my memory of their products. (2nd place goes to the Aztek, 3rd AMC Pacer, yada yada yada...)

A couple years ago, I ended up with a Versa hatchback as a rental and was impressed to where I pardoned the Stanza (in Haley Barbour fashion.) :twisted:

When it was time to consider EVs, I was impressed with Nissan's commitment to the technology (especially after watching what GM did to the EV1 in Who Killed the Electric Car.

Bottom line, if I needed a new car and there was no LEAF, it's not likely I would have considered Nissan. Now that I have this car I love, my opinion has changed. Nissan products would be added to the mix.

I was driving a 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid until my Leaf arrived.

I think Nissans are terrific cars, and I know my buddy who got rid of his Audi TT for a Z agrees.

No.

They have some alright cars but not my desired automative styling. My first car was my Grandmother's 1984 Datsun Nissan Maxima (yes, I'm on the younger side of Leaf owners). It was an alright car but since that car I have owned 2 Subarus. We sold my wife's Mazda 3 when we bought the Leaf.

If the Focus EV or Fit EV were both available when I bought my Leaf at the same price with roughly the same amenities, I would have chosen either over the Leaf for styling.

However, I love the car and am glad to have it :)

Valdemar said:
TomT said:

kennyboy said:

+1. Take away the electric drivetrain and you get a mediocre econobox with numb handling, inferior interior materials, and questionable styling.

+2 what the above posters said.

Back