If not for the LEAF would you have considered a Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTLFTcomposite

Previously I might have, but probably not. Now I might be more inclined to consider Nissan for an ICE purchase. Makes me wonder how many new customers are flowing their direction as a result of the Leaf, not just Leaf buyers, but ICE buyers either:

a) people thinking about a Leaf or just curious to see it, coming into the showroom and buying an ICE Nissan
b) multi car households who have a Leaf that might now be more inclined to consider Nissan when buying an ICE

I've owned all types of Japanese cars, including Honda, Mazda, Toyota, and Mitsubishi, but never a Nissan before. Although my parents have bought strictly Nissan for quite a while now, I've never been very impressed by them, rather econobox IMO. The Leaf is quite a departure from their normal product, but I still don't know if I'd buy any Nissan other than a Leaf.

keydiver said:
I've owned all types of Japanese cars, including Honda, Mazda, Toyota, and Mitsubishi, but never a Nissan before.

Same mix (Honda, Mazda, Mitsubishi then Toyota). The Toyota Prius was the best car I owned (the Mitsubishi Eclipse was the worst with the Mazda MX-3 a close second to the bottom).

I'd go back to Toyota in an instant if they can come out with a reasonable competitor to the LEAF over the next ten years. Unless I absolutely have to, I don't want to ever own an ICE again, of any type (even in hybrid form).

I was not in the market for an ice. I purchased a LEAF because it was a pure EV. In the future, I will be only in the market for a BEV or plug-in hybrid. Since I've been very impressed with the LEAF, I would look at Nissan's products first.... :ugeek:

LEAF would have been the only Nissan choice. Was going to be the all electric Volt but that never happened. So Focus EV, Coda or Tesla S would be the other options vs keep driving the old gas hog but very reliable F150. I have nothing against Nissan they do make some great vehicles.

Well my favorite car of all time was my 1990 Nissan 240SX, but the main problem with that car is that it basically rusted itself out after 10 years and wouldn't even pass inspection. I'm actually disappointed from reports on the LEAF that maybe Nissan hasn't improved their body/paint much. But at least I don't live in the north now so I don't have to worry about road salt.

As for whether I would've considered Nissan today if not for the LEAF, that is 100% absolutely not! I actually think Nissan cars are REALLY ugly, especially that Cube thing, or really boring. Nothing really in the middle, except for the LEAF and the Versa (in my opinion). Plus I would've been looking for a 2 door car anyway--the LEAF is not exactly what I was looking for, but once I decided to go electric, the other options available were even less desirable: Volt: too expensive and too much of a compromise between battery and gas (i.e. not enough all electric range given the cost); Focus: would've definitely considered if they had a 2 door model, but the 4 door is just way too boring for me (but I am a fan of what they're doing for in car electronics--Nissan needs to step up their efforts there).

No, and I likely won't get a Nissan again unless they have an EV that is far superior to the LEAF.

Nissan was not on my radar before the Leaf, probably would have never considered a Nissan otherwise. I've been a VW/Toyota fan up till now. they took this car seriously and that impressed me enough to make the leap. If they continue to have an edge in the EV world, I'll continue being a customer. So far I'm still very pleased, though determining the proper cold whether protocols required significant effort (hopefully they will redo the owners manual).

Nope. I had vowed my next car would be an EV. Nissan just happened to get there first. The question I often ask myself is "If not for the Leaf, would I have bought Volt?" I will probably never know the answer to that.

I've had three Nissan Sentras -- Affordable, reliable, peppy, decent gas mileage, my last one had bluetooth and keyless entry.

Since we bought the 2010 Prius about 2.5 years ago, I was not looking for, or needing a new (or used) car of any kind, style, make, or brand.

After following the Aptera since its early days, the chance to actually drive an all-electric, quite useful EV-car was a huge temptation, but we still didn't need another vehicle.

When my wife first sat in a LEAF, she immediately loved the light, clean, cheerful look of the interior (and she knew I really wanted an EV), so she said, "Let's get it!" ...

No, she didn't ask about the horsepower, acceleration, etc., or even sit in the back or look under the hood or in the "trunk". Apparently "the feeling" (and my fanatic current interest in EVs) was totally sufficient for her.

Yes, I am very fortunate to have married a kind, giving woman. :D

I tell her, "I'm lucky you found me." :D :D

Nissan had some really good and ground breaking designs from 2001 - 2006. Since then most of the things that have come out of Nissan are quirky, bloated, busy, committee bases designs that fail to inspire. The Leaf is no exception. Form is one thing, function is another. The Leaf's homley appearance can more than be forgiven based on what it does.

If not for the Leaf in 2011, I would have opted for the Infiniti M35h.

My first car was a Nissan. It was 3 years old when I bought it years back, and reliable for the time I owned it. I would have considered Nissan, but probably bought another Japanese, or German, car. I'm not terribly impressed with the thoughts and design that went into the Leaf (other than the fact that it is all electric). The little details, like floor mats that don't fit perfectly, the highly plastic interior, the missing glove box lights, the sun visor that doesn't do anything for the side windows, and other minor details, would probably put me off Nissan for my next car.

I never paid Nissan much mind until the LEAF. I'd been a Mazda driver since my 1990 Miata. I'm impressed by Nissan's decision to run with the new technology.

I had become "Toyota faithful" and was never seriously considering any Nissan until the LEAF.

Making the LEAF has moved them up a whole bunch in my mind in terms of respect.

Yes, I wanted to tell Nissan that I strongly support their vision to really get behind an EV.

I was hoping that "Detroit" would notice my statement as well.
But, perhaps they are deaf, blind, and dumb. :eek: :lol:

If not a Leaf, it would've been a Prius, Volt would be appealing, if it weren't so expensive. Actually, if a Toyota dealer hadn't insulted me with a crappy deal on a Prius, I wouldn't have done research and found the Leaf was actually available. It was a the same day I got mad at the Toyota dealer that I was the first person to drive the Demo leaf at my local dealer and fell in love. I guess some things really do happen for a reason!

Back