ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really excited about the fact that DC quick chargers are finally going to be installed in WA. Is there a list of exact locations and a schedule for when they are suppose to go live?

saywatt said:
:D
DaveinOlyWA said:
front plate? who has a front plate?
No front plate here either. W/ the exception of my truck, nothing that I've owned over the past 15 years has had a front plate. Been pulled over and ticketed for not having one twice on other cars, we'll see how long I can go w/o that inconvenience w/ the Leaf.

I am planning to attend a couple of events at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, WA next month. Anyone used the fairground RV spaces to charge? I have tried contacting folks at the fairgrounds, but not getting any return calls. If the RV deal fails, I can always spend a few hours at the Duvall fire station.

Yes, I'm the guy that pooh-pohed the need for DC quick chargers. I'll eat some crow - sure would be nice if the Duvall location was a QC.

Bill

Luft said:
I'm really excited about the fact that DC quick chargers are finally going to be installed in WA. Is there a list of exact locations and a schedule for when they are suppose to go live?

If you are on Facebook, friend "Seattle Nissan Leaf Owners"... lots of great stuff there.

Here's the most comprehensive map of WA/OR I've seen, the author can chime in if he want's to be identified more publicly:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0

He states:
"I compiled this map from 5 different project sources. Warning: not only are most of these NOT INSTALLED yet, I did not place them in exact locations, which may move anyway. Do not use this map to find a station--just get ideas for where you may be able to travel a few months from now!

The various projects have deadlines from Jan 31 to June 30. So this summer Leaf owners should be able to do quite a bit of travel..."

GaslessInSeattle said:
Here's the most comprehensive map of WA/OR I've seen, the author can chime in if he want's to be identified more publicly:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0
"

Great info, thanks.

I have been looking, and have been unable to find much detailed info on Oregon DC installations.

Suggestions?

I live in Shasta County, CA, and am particularly interested in the Southern OR locations, in Central Point and Ashland.

IBELEAF said:
How much is the ticket for not having front license plate?

good question. before my Leaf, i drove a Zenn for 3½ years. it also did not have a front plate. i got a ticket for no stop at red light on right turn ( i slowed down enough to check for traffic. The car only did 35 mph!! i mean, just slowing down a little should qualify as a stop!) and cop mentioned it but also said that he would not be the first in the station to ticket an EV for such a chickens**t reason.

obtw. in this "small" town, i see the same cops over and over and most have had a chance to say hi and as you would expect, they had a few questions for me. one of the main places i plugged in with the Zenn was Lacey City Hall which had a plug at the Hall, another at the Library and one at the police station. i went to library frequently (to read hard copies of magazines i could not find online) and usually the Charging stations were ICE'd so parked at the police station often

Luft said:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(i am member of Seattle group. i mirror most of the stuff in both places)

ebill3 said:
I am planning to attend a couple of events at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds in Monroe, WA next month. Anyone used the fairground RV spaces to charge? I have tried contacting folks at the fairgrounds, but not getting any return calls. If the RV deal fails, I can always spend a few hours at the Duvall fire station.
A person from Snohomish County returned my call concerning using an RV space for EV charging.

No need to use an RV space, as they have very recently installed two charge points at the fairgrounds main building. The caller did not know if ChargePoint, or Blink, or what, but stated they were 240 volts and free to use.

They don't appear on any of the maps that I have access to. If anyone happens to be by there, appreciate a report on the set-up.

Bill

Good to know info. They are not on my apps either, Blink, ChargePoint, CarStations, Plug Share, or Recargo. Perhaps you can take a camera and post images and info on Recargo :?: :?: Recargo is the best NW app in my mind.

That said, PlugShare is showing an L3 charger going into a Chevron station in Monroe, due to come online in March!! :D

ebill3 said:
ebill3 said:
A person from Snohomish County returned my call concerning using an RV space for EV charging.

No need to use an RV space, as they have very recently installed two charge points at the fairgrounds main building. The caller did not know if ChargePoint, or Blink, or what, but stated they were 240 volts and free to use.

They don't appear on any of the maps that I have access to. If anyone happens to be by there, appreciate a report on the set-up.

Bill

saywatt said:
Good to know info. They are not on my apps either, Blink, ChargePoint, CarStations, Plug Share, or Recargo. Perhaps you can take a camera and post images and info on Recargo :?: :?: Recargo is the best NW app in my mind.

That said, PlugShare is showing an L3 charger going into a Chevron station in Monroe, due to come online in March!! :D
Yes, if my plans hold I will certainly post the fairgrounds charge point info.

Hard to say which app is the best. I rather like PlugShare and I note that Recargo does not show the fire station at Duvall nor the six ChargePoint units at the University Place (Tacoma area) librarty. Seems that no one app has them all.

Hello folks, just wanted to post a quick introduction. We just picked up our new leaf from Campbell Nelson Nissan in Edmonds yesterday. Good experience at the dealer, now we're ready to enjoy our car! We're in North Seattle, in the Maple Leaf neighborhood.

I was told at the dealer that there was a Facebook group for Seattle Nissan Leaf owners, but I can't find it. Can anybody give me tips on this?

I imagine we'll have other newbie questions as time goes on, but for now I'm just happy to be part of the club.

Congrats on the new Leaf and welcome! This link should take you to the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/seattlenissanleaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So who took their Leaf out into the snow today? I went from Northgate to West Seattle and had no problems at all. The traction control did a great job of maintaining traction during acceleration and the antilock did a great job getting me stopped.

bdgotoh said:
So who took their Leaf out into the snow today? I went from Northgate to West Seattle and had no problems at all. The traction control did a great job of maintaining traction during acceleration and the antilock did a great job getting me stopped.
I took a few loops around the neighborhood this afternoon. Snow tires helped enormously. I tried the same loop on the stock tires last February and failed. Not the best snow car I've owned, but certainly not the worst. Traction control is great and using ECO to limit torque allowed me to start from a dead stop on a 12-percent grade.

sproqitman said:
I took a few loops around the neighborhood this afternoon. Snow tires helped enormously. I tried the same loop on the stock tires last February and failed. Not the best snow car I've owned, but certainly not the worst. Traction control is great and using ECO to limit torque allowed me to start from a dead stop on a 12-percent grade.

All FWD cars with similar weight will behave the same. Type of tires used, availability of traction control feature and maybe some snow driving skills would play a role here. Unfortunately, none of that helped Leaf to make it up our hill, just like the rest of FWD cars without any chains.

IBELEAF said:
All FWD cars with similar weight will behave the same. Type of tires used, availability of traction control feature and maybe some snow driving skills would play a role here. Unfortunately, none of that helped Leaf to make it up our hill, just like the rest of FWD cars without any chains.
Have you tried backing up the hill? Years ago when I lived in Eatonville, we had a long steep driveway and the only way I could get up a snow coved drive in an Accqord was to back up and get the weight on the driving wheels. Of course, that might not be doable on a city street. :eek:

Interesting, my Recargo ap shows the chargers in both those locations. :?:

[edit] I was favoring Plug Share some time ago until they started listing all the L1 locations with the same color Icon as the L2,s. Look at the Olympia area - it's hard to know which chargers are L2 at a glance. I emailed them about this months ago and they responded that it was an interesting idea but that was it. However, I see they have a different color icon the the "proposed" L3 chargers.

ebill3 said:
Yes, if my plans hold I will certainly post the fairgrounds charge point info.

Hard to say which app is the best. I rather like PlugShare and I note that Recargo does not show the fire station at Duvall nor the six ChargePoint units at the University Place (Tacoma area) librarty. Seems that no one app has them all.

Back