ICEless in Seattle : Official Pacific NorthWest thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the snow storm in Everett/Lake Stevens, I got around without trouble. I have a front wheel set of studded Hakka 7's on steel wheels. The really paid for themselves. Funny thing... even with the increased use of the heater, the freeway speeds being reduced gave me a overall better kilowatt mileage with my commute. But with that said... I can't stand having the studs on the Leaf. I pulled them off after the first rains arrived.

doug401 said:
Here is a better map of planned DC 3 quick charge locations. I got really excited when I found it.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0

I found this on some Facebook site. It appears Oregon has a better distribution with the coastal Hwy 101 locations. My 4 month old Leaf is still a DC3 port virgin. :oops:

Thanks.

I live in Shasta Co, in DC-less CA, and seeing the DCs going in elsewhere, usually just raises my blood pressure.

But being only 159 miles from the Ashland DC, I will head to Oregon, once it is operational.

Any clue as to when that will be?

PlugShare lists an L2 at Snoqualmie Municipal,38767 SE River St, Snoqualmie, WA 98065. Anyone know if it is operational and open to the public?

Reddy

I've been meaning to check it out, but I'm not sure you could make it from Pasco. :)
Reddy said:
PlugShare lists an L2 at Snoqualmie Municipal,38767 SE River St, Snoqualmie, WA 98065. Anyone know if it is operational and open to the public?

Reddy

That is actually not a bad idea. I plan to go from Issaquah to Olympia soon but have to wait until the weather warms up so I can get 25 - 30% of my range back" :)

Reddy said:
I'm contemplating a summer vacation to visit all of those proposed DC-QC's :lol:

saywatt said:
That is actually not a bad idea. I plan to go from Issaquah to Olympia soon but have to wait until the weather warms up so I can get 25 - 30% of my range back" :)

Reddy said:
I'm contemplating a summer vacation to visit all of those proposed DC-QC's :lol:

You can do it.I just drove from Bellevue to Olympia which would have been shorter than your trip but I missed my turn and ended up crossing I-90 in to Seattle and then down. I ended taking Pacific HWYY for about 20+ miles to compensate for the extra distance. That was last weekend. I did over 100 miles today!

Wow, I consider that an accomplishment in January. What speed did you drive in I -5?

DaveinOlyWA said:
saywatt said:

Reddy said:

You can do it.I just drove from Bellevue to Olympia which would have been shorter than your trip but I missed my turn and ended up crossing I-90 in to Seattle and then down. I ended taking Pacific HWYY for about 20+ miles to compensate for the extra distance. That was last weekend. I did over 100 miles today!

I am curious about your Bellevue - Olympia trip as well. It looks like it's roughly 65 miles one way which looks doable with some hypermiling, and you most likely kept your speeds below 60 and without using heater.

IBELEAF said:
I am curious about your Bellevue - Olympia trip as well. It looks like it's roughly 65 miles one way which looks doable with some hypermiling, and you most likely kept your speeds below 60 and without using heater.

It was 65.5 miles and I did 60 mph on the freeways and did do Pacific HWY from Seattle to almost Fife which helped. If I would not have missed my turn it would have only been about 58 miles but as it is I made it home with 17.7% SOC left

PSE wants to increase electricity rates...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/JAMIE-LYNN-138184374.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IBELEAF said:
PSE wants to increase electricity rates...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/JAMIE-LYNN-138184374.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes, and PSE is already one of the most expensive utilities in the Puget Sound area. I have PSE, but isn't Seattle on their own system?

Bill

PSE requests rate increases nearly every quarter. they ask for 5%, they get 1-2% or sometimes they dont get anything, but they always ask.

compare the price of gas over electricity over any 5 year period. are we winning?

A comment an a question.

Comment - driving my leaf in the snow was awesome. Okay, I admit i have very low standards. My personal "car" for the previous 25 years has been (a couple of) Ford Ranger light pickups. They were not so good, but always got me to work and back in the Seattle area when there were snow days, but my place of work never closes.

This year, I'm a Leafer. It worked great, I drove from Kirkland area to Renton the first day of snowmagedon. Kirkland, Everett, Seattle, Kirkland the second day. And then a couple Kirkland/Everett round trips the next two days. Never had a situation where I felt unsafe, or couldn't really go anywhere. Oh yeah, had a trip to down town Redmond in there too somewhere where I hit a hill that had been shut down. Bet I could have made it!

This is all with standard tires. I'm sure it's not anywhere near as good a snow car as a 4x4 or heavier vehicle, but I don't want anyone thinking the Leaf is particularly bad when compared with any small front wheel drive vehicle. In fact, I suspect it's one of the better ones.

Question - anyone in Bellingham that can update us on the new QC. Seems like it must have been installed for a while now. Is it operating?

I didn't bother driving Leaf in the snow, because during days like this it's more fun to drive an AWD car. Also, snow on flat surface isn't the issue for any car, it's mainly hills or ice or combination of the two. Try making up the Fin Hill next time. ;)

IBELEAF said:
I didn't bother driving Leaf in the snow, because during days like this it's more fun to drive an AWD car. Also, snow on flat surface isn't the issue for any car, it's mainly hills or ice or combination of the two. Try making up the Fin Hill next time. ;)

I actually live on Finn Hill, and made it up a bunch of times. Not the steepest slope from the Safeway, but 132nd and 116th not a problem.

blackleaf said:
I actually live on Finn Hill, and made it up a bunch of times. Not the steepest slope from the Safeway, but 132nd and 116th not a problem.
Ah, so it's probably your black leaf I've seen up the hill the other day. :)

Speaking of Leaf in snow...

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/01/29/watch-a-brace-of-nissan-leaf-evs-frolic-in-the-snow/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

blackleaf said:
<snip>
Question - anyone in Bellingham that can update us on the new QC. Seems like it must have been installed for a while now. Is it operating?

I'm not in Bellingham but I understand that this won't be 'operational' until AV gets them all in place and test them for awhile. A person at AV told me at least a month of testing. I'm guessing.. March is when we may hear something again.

Back