I think my A/C compressor is dead

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cwerdna said:
Valdemar said:
They usually do for warranty work, if not a loaner they pay for a rental.
From having owned Nissans (2 new, 1 leased, 1 used now w/my current Leaf) since late 2001. I've found Nissan giving loaners/rental for any reason is rare. I've only gotten a loaner or rental a handful of times.

Heck, some Nissan dealers only have a 1 way shuttle: drop off only. You'd need to find a ride back to the dealer.

If it needs to be held for an extended time (never for me), then they might be more willing to provide a loaner/rental.

This is my typical dealer experience, sit in the waiting room, pay for your own rental, or provided your own ride. However, with my Leaf, they have provided a paid rental every time I have had it in for service. Each of those service visits were while it was under warranty, so that may be why the free rental was provided.

Technician inspect a/c component found high side a/c hose fitting connection was cracked.

92440-3nf0c pipe front coole
r134 r134x 0z

So there you have it. I was told that it is not the bulleting service part that has been talked about. I am not sure on that, but that is what the guy at the dealer told me. The pipe was replaced and the a/c works now. They also refilled the refrigerant.

They did not have the windshield sprayer that is not working on the passenger side so I have to come in again for that later.

They brought the PSI on my tires down to 33 psi there is another part that says red tires needs tires replace tires....

miscrms said:
Just be advised, I believe few if any of the DIY fill kits that basically have gauges built right onto a freon can will work with HEV/EV. Most have traditional oil and/or additives that are not compatible. If you found one that you were sure contained only refrigerant it might be ok, but it sounds likely it will just leak out again.
Thanks for the heads-up on that! If I add refrigerant, I'll be sure to use the cans that do not contain anything besides R134A.

NissanLeafCamper said:
They brought the PSI on my tires down to 33 psi there is another part that says red tires needs tires replace tires....
It's good they fixed your A/C, but lowering the tire pressure to 33 psi is a major blunder, IMO. The sticker value of 36 psi is already too low, but why would anyone ever go LOWER?

RegGuheert said:
NissanLeafCamper said:
It's good they fixed your A/C, but lowering the tire pressure to 33 psi is a major blunder, IMO. The sticker value of 36 psi is already too low, but why would anyone ever go LOWER?
Agree, I've been happily running mine at 44psi since rotating the rear tires to the front and edge wear has slowed down significantly :)

baustin said:
cwerdna said:
Valdemar said:
They usually do for warranty work, if not a loaner they pay for a rental.
From having owned Nissans (2 new, 1 leased, 1 used now w/my current Leaf) since late 2001. I've found Nissan giving loaners/rental for any reason is rare. I've only gotten a loaner or rental a handful of times.

Heck, some Nissan dealers only have a 1 way shuttle: drop off only. You'd need to find a ride back to the dealer.

If it needs to be held for an extended time (never for me), then they might be more willing to provide a loaner/rental.

This is my typical dealer experience, sit in the waiting room, pay for your own rental, or provided your own ride. However, with my Leaf, they have provided a paid rental every time I have had it in for service. Each of those service visits were while it was under warranty, so that may be why the free rental was provided.
When I've had my Leaf serviced they've provided complimentary rides, to and from work(within 10 miles radius). Everything I've had done has been under warranty, not sure if things are different out of warranty.

Thanks guys for the replies. I agree too on the tire PSI. Before rotation the front edge wear for the front tires was quite noticeable. I then upped the tire pressure to 44 psi after the tires got rotated. Thing is I have to go back on thursday or friday to get the passenger side sprayer replaced. So I thought I would do it after that since they will just knock the PSI down again.

jjeff said:
baustin said:
cwerdna said:

When I've had my Leaf serviced they've provided complimentary rides, to and from work(within 10 miles radius). Everything I've had done has been under warranty, not sure if things are different out of warranty.
FWIW, Nissan Sunnyvale only has a 1 way shuttle.

Premier Nissan in San Jose does pick up and drop off. Unfortunately, I don't like Premier (for various reasons) and they're also MUCH closer to home and work. So, unfortunately, I end up often giving business to dealer/dealership group I don't like. :(

I'd rather use Nissan Sunnyvale even though they're far for me but alas... the 1 way shuttle.

My other car's a Toyota. I checked http://www.toyotasunnyvale.com/shuttle-service.htm and http://www.capitoltoyota.com/service-parts-specials.aspx indicate only drop off service.

Back