I loss another battery capacity bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NOC8H18 said:
Mine is currently at Larry Miller in Mesa with 3 lost bars.
I have refused to take the car back until Nissan calls me.
Any suggestions?

Have you talked to Nissan Customer Service yet. The name and number was posted in another thread.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8802&start=1551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOC8H18 said:
Mine is currently at Larry Miller in Mesa with 3 lost bars.
I have refused to take the car back until Nissan calls me.

Any suggestions?
My suggestion would be to find a different way to protest instead of leaving your car there. The dealership probably doesn't care because they only lose 1 spot in their parking lot for your car. Nissan corporate doesn't care for now except to give you a case number. It's still your car after all that you already bought and paid for. It's not a good idea to let it sit out there baked under the sun day-in day-out to protest something that currently is falling on deaf ears. It can only make the battery worse sitting out there. Plus, you can't make use of your car letting it sit out there.

If you really want to park your car somewhere to protest, maybe higher profile locations (in front of various TV news stations maybe?) with a big sign to attract attention to your cause (so they can call you up for an interview or something) would be a better choice. Letting your car sit in a Nissan parking lot would be my last choice as a protest.

I have contacted Nissan and have a case.

I am thinking about contacting Channel 5 in response to their story.

Maybe a mass protest of everyone who has lost bars to take their cars in at the same time with the possibility of national coverage in the media?

Looking at the Wiki, I see we only have 12 case numbers so far. It isn't so much that the number is important, but it lets us know for sure it was reported to Nissan. Has anyone contacted the people without a case number in the Wiki to see if they filed and got a case number? If someone prefers not to list the case number publicly for some reason, they could at least confirm that they have one, and we could enter XXX-XXXX in place of the actual number. I would be happy to PM people who don't have a case number to remind them, but perhaps someone else has already done that.

Stoaty said:
Looking at the Wiki, I see we only have 12 case numbers so far. It isn't so much that the number is important, but it lets us know for sure it was reported to Nissan. Has anyone contacted the people without a case number in the Wiki to see if they filed and got a case number? If someone prefers not to list the case number publicly for some reason, they could at least confirm that they have one, and we could enter XXX-XXXX in place of the actual number. I would be happy to PM people who don't have a case number to remind them, but perhaps someone else has already done that.

Very timely post Stoaty. I just dug out my case number a few minutes ago: 879-4693. I don't remember exactly when reported my 1-bar loss "Edge Case"* to Nissan Customer Service, but I think it was mid-to-late June.

*Tip-o-the-hat to Orient Express!

leafkabob said:
Very timely post Stoaty. I just dug out my case number a few minutes ago: 879-4693. I don't remember exactly when reported my 1-bar loss to Nissan Customer Service, but I think it was mid-to-late June.
Case number added to Wiki. Thanks!

Stoaty said:
leafkabob said:
Very timely post Stoaty. I just dug out my case number a few minutes ago: 879-4693. I don't remember exactly when reported my 1-bar loss to Nissan Customer Service, but I think it was mid-to-late June.
Case number added to Wiki. Thanks!
Edited my post:
Very timely post Stoaty. I just dug out my case number a few minutes ago: 879-4693. I don't remember exactly when reported my 1-bar loss "Edge Case"* to Nissan Customer Service, but I think it was mid-to-late June.

*Tip-o-the-hat to Orient Express!

Nissan wants to take my Leaf to Casa Grande for testing. I guess they want to test cars that have lost 2 or more bars.
They are offering a loner car and $250 gift card to compensate for gas.

Stay tuned everyone!

NOC8H18 said:
Nissan wants to take my Leaf to Casa Grande for testing. I guess they want to test cars that have lost 2 or more bars.
Looks like your Leaf is going to the Big House. ;) Hope there is a chance for it to get out on the early release program. Thanks for keeping us updated!

The guy I talked to said they are sending another one as well. So now we know that 2 are going.

The funny thing is that I was contacted by Earnhardt where I took delivery and my car is at Larry Miller where I have had it serviced.

Has anyone else been contacted?

This is a positive that they took your car,but what is down @ CasaGrande..Im guessing a test track,maybe a battery facility..
Im sure they will take the battery-pack out and check it out..

I believe it is part of their proving / testing grounds. I know they also test in Yuma as well.

When my brake module failed, they took it to Case Grande for analysis.

Stoaty said:
NOC8H18 said:
Looks like your Leaf is going to the Big House. ;)
Heh, yeah. When Casa Grande came up, I was thinking http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMA409" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (in California). I once had a job at a small software company that occupied part of that building.

cwerdna said:
Heh, yeah. When Casa Grande came up, I was thinking http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMA409" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (in California). I once had a job at a small software company that occupied part of that building.
I was thinking something more along the lines of:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=big+house" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOC8H18 said:
The guy I talked to said they are sending another one as well. So now we know that 2 are going.

The funny thing is that I was contacted by Earnhardt where I took delivery and my car is at Larry Miller where I have had it serviced.

We got contacted (2 bars lost), as did Scott (3 bars lost). If you haven't yet seen the updates in the other thread, they're sending 5 or 6 of our cars (we heard both numbers). Details at the top of this page...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8802&start=1590" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NOC8H18 said:

Good for you, No Octane. I hope this is the start of a mutually satisfying resolution.

Can you comment from now on in the other large thread? Seems like most of are posting here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8802&start=1600" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's easy to miss information when the same topic is being discussed in so many different places and your input is very valuable.

Driving around Phx. with no AC on has made my brain falter just like my battery-pack..I had to pull out all my paper work to make my complaint to Nissan..My extended warranty is $1700 not $3500 and total cost of car including warrant was $37000 not $41000 :?
mark13 said:
I have now loss 2 battery capacity bars in 45 days..Back in May I had 12 bars and passed the battery test at Nissan with perfect 5 stars ...I have never had a fast charge ,the car is garage kept and I avg. 6/MKW and very little AC usage..

This is not going to be good for Leaf sales,at least not in Phx. AZ..

If I had to do it over again,I would of bought another Prius,I have never had any problems with that car in PHX AZ and I put over a 100,000 in 5 years of use...

Sorry Im just a little bit angry right now thinking about a $41000 car with 16000 miles on it that may lose a 3rd capacity bar or even a 4th bar this summer..

Please keep updated this information... as a potential new buyer? I'm a anxiously waiting to see how all of this turns out...

Back